(16) The Heart That Dropped

Sometimes the person that has the brightest smile has gone through the most unspeakable pain ~Unknown

Like last chapter, this chapter too has a lot of things going on. Pay attention or you may get lost. Plus please read the note at the end of the chapter.

Please excuse any mistakes...

"So your telling me that if I divorce him right now he will own half of my father's company that he built from the ground up and my brother's company as well? How did that happen?" I said pacing the floor, not giving a damn about my broken ankle.

"Who was your lawyer that did the prenup?" Janice asked me.

"Yolanda Sanders, she used to be the lawyer my family used, but she quit three years ago. She is the one who wrote the prenup in the first place and then Chris's lawyer went and changed minor things. Yolanda told me all the changes and right after we signed a couple of days later." I said.

"Did you reread the prenuptial agreement before signing it?" She asked me.

"I read where the changes had been made, but not anywhere else because I was told that everything else was still the same.... She was messing around with him wasn't she?" I asked sighing.

"Not only that, but when he had stolen the $3,000,000 from your trust fund three and half years ago who do you think gave him access to the money? I'm not exactly sure at this time how she got your father's and brother's signature at this time, but since she was the family lawyer she could've easily tricked them into signing the document and telling that they were signing something else. " Janice asked me as she pulled out photos of Chris and Yolanda in bed together and a CD of a sex tape shocking me and making Elijah turn his head to me, giving me a what the hell look.

"How did you know about that? I've never told-"

"Sweetheart when you became my client I dug and did my homework. I probably know more than you think I do." Janice said.

"Is there any way that you can fix this?" I asked.

"It's going to be very hard, there's a lot of red tape that will take time to get rid of, but it might can be reversed." She said.

"How much time are we talking about?" I asked.

"You're looking at six months minimal, but since the prenup is this bad it could be well over a year before you can ever serve him papers. I know you want to get divorced as soon as possible, but you may have stay married to him for a little while longer. Either you can go public now and separate or play the role of the wife for a little bit longer. I know that this will put a strain on your and my cousin's relationship, but I think you two can handle this storm." Janice said and my heart dropped. How did she know?

"Janice-"

"Come on E, if you thought I wasn't going to notice you're crazy. Like I said I did my research. I'm happy for you and nobody will know, but I recommend that you two keep your relationship on hush hush until the divorce is finalized. I do have one thing to warn you about, if your husband finds out about your relationship, might-"

"He will sue Elijah, try to make me pay alimony, and go public with our divorce." I still paving the floor and biting my lips. Not mentioning killing me literally out loud.