(3) Business is Business

I wasn't going to update until tomorrow but I'm loving this book so much and I'm getting so much unexpected love that I'm updating early.

Picture of Elijah 😩😍❤️🙌

"You're beginning to dislike me, aren't you? Well, dislike me. It doesn't make any difference to me now."
- W. Somerset Maugham

Aimya's Pov

It's been three days since Elijah has moved in with Chris and I, and I haven't spoken to Chris since I spoke to him in this office. If he asks me a question I act like I don't hear it, I've been acting like he doesn't exist and he hates it. Now since I'm not talking he's doing everything in his power to make me talk and I mean everything, he buying jewelry, clothes, shoes, perfume, really anything he can think of. Yes I'm taking,but I'm not talking. He can't win me over with materialistic shît, yes it's nice but he can't think buying me gift is going to make me have all the years of pinned up I have with him go away.

"Baby," I heard Chris say, but I act like I didn't hear a word.

"Aimya when are you going to stop being angry with me? I didn't do anything wrong." Chris said getting mad. I could tell he was going to pin all this on me. So I walked to my closet to pick my outfit for the day.

I give good love
I buy your clothes
I cook your dinner too
Soon as I get home from work
I pay your rent
Your fa-

I was singing and playing music from my phone until Chris came in and snatched it from my hand.

"You're not going to just keep walking away from me Aimya." He yelled in my face. Now Chris can do a lot of things to me that I will not speak on weep under the rug, but not this.

"First off, who in the fûck do you think you're talking to Chris, because you're not talking to me. I advise you to take your bass out of your damn tone." I said taking my phone back for him and walking away until Chris snatched my arm up, out of reflex I slapped the hell out of him.

"I don't know what the hell is your problem, but you better get it together Christopher because you have lost your damn mind grabbing me up like that. Don't think I won't stab your ass again for doing so dumb shît like that."  I said taking my clothes and going to the bathroom.

"Baby I'm so-"

"If you don't baby your way out of my damn face I will punch you in yours." I said daring him to say anything  else to me. He sighed and walked away. When he left I locked the bathroom door and began my hygiene for today. Today I was finally meeting with Amber's brother and I was beyond excited to meet him because meeting him means I'm only one step closer to my dream and making it a reality. I was only working half a day today and then I was going to his office to meet the man who was going to help me.

When I walked out the bathroom Chris was getting ready himself for work. I walked past him to grab my things before leaving the room. When I walked downstairs stairs, I ran into someone I didn't want to see... Elijah.

"Good m-"

"Don't talk to me." I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"Your ass rude as fück, you couldn't just say good morning back." Elijah said obviously irritated.

"Look I don't like you because you tend to stick your nose in my marriage and put shît in Chris's head and you don't like me, and I really don't care to know why." I said.