Chapter 1 - Zayn

*Zayn's POV*

I felt everyone's eyes on my back as I walked through the halls. 

"He is such a weirdo." I heard someone whisper.

I didn't react, I was so used to this. If it had happened for 2 years ago, I would've been furious. But things were different now. As I walked into my classroom, and got to the table in the back, I saw how everyone looked at me. They thought I couldn't tell, but it was so obvious. They either felt sympathy for me, or just wanted me out of their lifes. But I didn't needed their sympathy. They could all go to hell, and I wouldn't care. I hated this place, and everyone who were a part of it. 

"Fuck it" I mumbled to myself, got up, took my bag and left the room. 

As I went down the corridors, I took my cigarettes from the innerpocket of my leather jacket. I needed to smoke, and it had to be right now. I walked past my teacher, who was on his way to the classroom I had just lefted. He didn't say anything, he knew that he wouldn't be able to make me come. I didn't knew if he were scared of me. Wouldn't be weird if he was, thinking about all the times I had been called to principal's office because of violent fights. I looked at my knuckles, counting the tiny scars. There were twelve. Nine on my right and three on my left. I chuckled to myself as I opened the big doors of the school and walked out of hell.

"Hey Z!" I heard a raspy voice call.

I turned around, to see my only friend, Harry. He stood against the wall with his hands in the pockets of his skinny jeans and one of his legs bent, to support the weight of his tall body. I smiled as I walked over to him. 

"How did you know I would be here?" I asked him, offering him a cigarette.

"You never finish a whole schoolday" he shrugged his shoulders and took a cigarette from the curly package. 

We started to walk in silence. 

"I don't even understand why you are in school? At the end of the day, you will never graduate" Harry said and rearranged the beanie on his head. 

"I don't know. I just know that they would want me to finish school." I took a deep suck on the cigarette before I threw it on the ground, as we walked. 

"But.... They're not here anymore Z? You shouldn't be living in the past like you do" Harry threw his cigarette as well, as we turned a corner. 

This was one of our deep conversations. We didn't really talk like that. When we were together, we smoked, listened to music or just hung around in my tiny flat. Most times our conversations were about girls. We were both pretty popular with females. Not that any of us had a girlfriend. Harry had a flirt with someone. He talked about her sometimes, but I didn't really listened. Love didn't say me anything, I couldn't see the purpose. Two years ago, I was in love all the time, but since then, I haven't had a need for loving someone. 

We turned another corner and entered my building. None of us said anything as we walked the stairs to my apartment. I unlocked the door and threw my bag on the floor. 

"Do you have any food?" Harry asked, walking to the fridge

"I don't know, but don't get your hopes high...." I answered him, flicking through my musiccollection.

That was the only thing I really spent money on. Music. I found an old Nirvana album, and closed my eyes for a second as "Rape Me" filled the flat. I walked to my old leathercouch and dumped onto it, as Harry came to sit across me in the armchair. He sat to beers on the old beer crate, made of wood, which were meant to be my coffeetable.

"This is all you got. Typical you" He said with a grin on his face

"Ha, thanks Haz" I said as I opened the beer and took a sip.

We both stared into the air as we drank our beers. I listened to music, recognizing every word Kurt Cobain sang. I have been listening so much to this album, I knew it backwards and forwards.

"So you know, that girl I have been talking about? She has these really intense blue eyes, and dark hair...."

I didn't listened to Harry's talk. He was talking about that girl again. It didn't make any sense.