Chapter 9

*Zayn's POV* 

I lightly let my hand rest on Lucy's hip and lead her to the direction of her home. None of us were able to drive the car, even though I really wanted to! That Audi was simply amazing... But I thought to myself that just walking with her, would be a good way to maybe learn a little bit more about her past, and all that about her sister. Even though I had a thousand questions to ask her, I did nothing but remain quiet. 

"Hey sorry about what I said..." I said very silently, hoping she wouldn't hear it. I wasn't used to apologizing for anything.

"What?" Lucy asked me, I didn't knew if it was just wanted to hear me say it again, or if she really didn't hear me.

"I.... I just said that I was sorry for what I said..." My eyes were locked on my shoes.

"Oh... Yeah." I could hear that she still weren't okay with the whole thing.

"Hey, seriously. I mean it. I'm really sorry, you're not a twat" I grabbed her arm, and forced her to face me.

"No you were right, I have been a total jerk tonight. I'm the one who should say sorry." Her blue eyes looked up at me, and I could see that she weren't used to say sorry either. It was like her words surprised her.

We began to walk again, being silent. I looked at her bare feet, and felt sorry for her.

"Do you want me to carry you or anything?" I asked her, kind of trying to make everything up to her again.

"Haha what?" She laughed at me.

"I mean... Your feet must be sore? And cold?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, if you think you can carry me, then yes please!" I could hear the girly excitement in her voice and laughed as she jumped onto my back. She was light as a feather, no surprise - she was tiny! As I walked with her on my back, I looked at her wrist. Her arms were around my neck, and the sleeve on the arm with the lily-tattoo had been pulled back.

"Lucy? Can I ask you something about your tattoo?" I asked her, and felt the muscles in her body tighten a little.

"What do you want to know?" She layed her head down on my shoulder.

"What happened to your sister?" The words quickly slipped out of my mouth. It was a question I had wanted to ask her for so long, so I couldn't hold it back anymore. I felt her sigh.

"Well... It was this.... It was.... There was an accident..." I could hear her voice get thicker.

"And... Well..." She was struggling to find the words. It was so hard for her to say ot out loud. Without thinking about it, I took her hand, and lead her little tattoo to my lips, kissing it gently.

"We can talk about it later. It's okay" I whispered with my lips still only a millimeter from her wrist. 

"Thank you" She breathed near my ear. 

I walked the rest of the way to her house without saying anything. She sat on my back all the way, and I felt her muscles loose more and more. She was tired. As we came to her house, Leon opened the door for us, giving me a suspicious look, but I just walked up the stairs to her bedroom. I carefully laid her down on the bed, and her eyes opened. 

"Are we home?" She confused asked me, rising up on her elbows. 

"Yeah gorgeous, I took you home" I chuckled and putted my hands in the pockets of my jeans.

"I better get going, see you later princess" I said and started to walk towards the door.

"Zayn?" I heard the fragility in her voice and turned around to meet her big beautiful eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked her, and her eyes shut down on her hands. 

"Would you mind.... Staying here? I-I don't want to be alone..." She whispered.

She kinda suprised me. But when I thought about it, it wasn't that weird. She was so close to being raped or something like that, by that guy tonight. Ha, when I walked up to him, I saw the fear in his eyes.   I had told him that he should leave my girlfriend alone... I don't know why, it just flew out of my mouth. But as long as he got the message, it didn't really mattered. Buuut I didn't wanted Lucy to know. She would think I was a total weirdo. 

"Sure, I will stay untill you fall asleep, it's that okay?" I asked her as I walked over to the bed again, and sat down on the edge of it.

"Yeah, thank you so much" She said and leaned in to hug me. For a second I sat without moving, but then putted my arms around her, hugging her tightly, trying to give her a little comfort and a feeling of being safe. I felt strong as I embraced her tiny body. I felt like I had to protect her from anyhting that could hurt her. It was the strangest feeling in the world, and I didn't quite knew how to react on it. 

"You can just sleep here in the bed, it's quite big you know..." Lucy quickly said and then pulled away from the hug again. 

Now she really shocked me! Not that it bothered me to be sleeping in the same bed as her! But still... It was just weird. It was probably the alcohol, that rushed through both of our bodies, that had made us both much more caring for each other. Non of us really seemed to bother being this close to each other. I shrugged my shoulders and pulled off my jacket and then my t-shirt. Immediatly feeling Lucy's eyes on my body. If I had to say it myself, I looked pretty good, so I understood her. I had been working on my abs the last couple of weeks, and they had started to look pretty good. 

"You like what you see, gorgeous?" I smirked at her, and her eyes quickly moved, and her cheeks blushed a little. She moved kinda uncomfortable on the big bed. 

"I-I'll just go get my pajamas on..." She studdered and got of the bed and walked to her bathroom. 

Two minutes later she came back, wearing some pink hotpants and a tight white top, that showed a little bit of her toned stomach. Her long hair in a messy bun. Beautiful as allways. 

"Well I like what I see!" I chuckled at her, again causing her to blush. I loved making her blush! 

"Stop it Zayn" her voice weakly said and she slapped me playfully on my arm. I laughed and then laid down on the pillow. 

"Goodnigt gorgeous, sweet dreams" I said and closed my tired eyes. 

"Goodnight Zayn" She responded. 

I made sure not to fall asleep, so that I could leave when she had driften of. Just when I was about to get up, Lucy's almost-sleeping body came closer to mine. Her arm wrapped around my torso and her head rested on my chest. I could smell her hair, and decided to stay for like an hour or something untill I felt her relax totally. I then gently crawled out of her embrace and silently putted my clothes back on. Before I walked to the door I bent down and gave her a light kiss on the cheek and looked at her beautiful features. I took my phone from the floor and then left her in her room. 

I slowly walked the streets of London and came home very early in the morning. When I came into my flat I saw Harry snorring on my couch. He really saw my flat as his own. I chuckled and then went into my own room.

I took of my clothes, just leaving them on the floor, and as I laid down on my bed, I kinda regretted that I left Lucy. Maybe she would wake up and then feel alone and scared. I didn't wanted her to feel that I had left her. Therefore I pulled out my phone and sent her message on facebook.

Don't worry gorgeous, I will protect you.