Chapter 17: A big fat sandwich of FML

[i love their date outfits so much sigh]

To be completely honest with herself,she had no idea why she even asked Hunter on a date. No Agnes,that didn't come off as a pushover desperate loser at all. What if he doesn't even pick me up? What if he just laughs at me when he gets here and leaves to go see Kylie?

All this thinking has the grey hair growing on my Agnes's tremendously. She hasn't eaten anything and it's already four o'clock. Dorris will be here to help her since she's never been on a date before let alone ask someone out.

The door bell rang and Agnes heard the door slam open. Damn it,her mom keeps forgetting to lock it.

"Alright I'm here I'm here! What's this about something on fire?" she asked rushingly.

Yes,I had to lie to her that my stove caught on fire so she would get here fast.

"Nothing's on fire...um but I do need your help?"

She raised her eyebrow at me,"So I literally stole my brother's car because...?" She trailed off,her perfect eyebrows still raised and hand on her hip.

"I asked Hunter on a date tonight?" I mumbled.

She took a step closer,grinning and cupping her ear.

"I'm sorry what was that? Couldn't hear ya" She said teasingly.

"I asked Hunter.On. A. Date." I said one by one frustratingly.

She started doing those high pitched squeals while jumping up down whilst grabbing onto my hand. I started laughing and jumping with her in excitement. Where was Aisha? Well,she got grounded because I think something about accidentally breaking her mom's fine China collection.

"Oh dear you called me to help? You could've just said so OMG how did you ask? I wonder what he's gonna wear? Holy crap what are you gonna wear?" Her eyes widened in realization that I had no idea in terms of going on a date. I don't think I even have a dress.

"Yeah...I don't know what I'm actually gonna wear. I can't even wear eye liner properly" I laughed nervously.

"Alright,here's what we're gonna do" she grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs."Where's your room?" She looked around and I pointed to the left.

We went into my room and she gasped.

"What is it?" I panicked thinking there was a dead body or something.

"You don't have a vanity?!" She says dramatically.

"Uh no?" I blinked. I mean,should I? What's the big deal? This house has too many mirrors.

She responded me by blinked. Once. Twice.

"My mom does though,she's at work"

She nodded and proceed to drag me again to my mother's room. She found it right away because it was wide open,a full view of a vanity. It was white,hand carved and bright lightbulbs around it. She was never a fan of make up but she had two full drawers of comestics. She says if she ever needed them.

Dorris sat me down and started going through my mother's drawers. I just silently observed her. I had no clue to what she was holding. Some type of dooplibab?

"Your mom has standards in make up. MAC,Bobbi Brown, woah even Sephora" she looked at the unknown item to me in admiration.

"I guess so" I shrugged and she shook her head at me.

"You definitely aren't like any other girl,Agnes Maria" she sighed. I looked in the mirror at myself and started comparing to Dorris.

I was so plain. I was so emo-looking. My hair looked dull and unkempt. My eyes had bags underneath them. I really did have rosy cheeks. My skin was so pale. The clothes I wore were boring.