Epilogue

65 years later. . .

"Pumpkin, you gotta stop messing with the stereo"

"Well I don't like this channel"

"You like none of them anyways"

"This is so frustrating"Agnes's wrinkly frail hands kept pushing all the buttons but Hunter grabbed hers in his.

"You know what,just get my mixtape in the dashboard" Hunter's thumb caressed the back of her hand.

Agnes popped open the dashboard and like her husband of 58 years said,the mixtape he made for her on her birthday was in there. She ejected it in the stereo and the song started playing. The windows were down and the wind was rustling their grey hair.

"How much longer?" Agnes leaned her head on Hunter's shoulder.

"Just a few more traffic lights and we'll see it"

"Did Micah and Phoebe arrange the tables yet?" both of them were their children. Micah was 28 now with a beautiful wife and twins.

Pheobe was just maybe 5 years younger than her brother but she isn't married yet. She was practically a workaholic. Agnes always worried that she wouldn't be happy. Grow old and sit on the porch with someone who loves her.

Hunter had one hand on the steering wheel and another in Agnes's. After all these years with horrible downs and amazing ups they stayed strong. Hunter wouldn't ask for anyone else and Agnes has never felt any more happy than with him. Of course with their beautiful children too.

"Everything will be perfect pumpkin,don't worry"

"Mhm,that's what you say all the time"

"But I'm always right though"

"I think I should knock that ego of yours down a knotch" Agnes chuckled,her hand in Hunter's she mindlessly held in her other hand.

"Hey hey, there's the beach house"

"Oh babe,it's so beautiful" she stared at the scenery in awe. "Hunter,which is more beautiful? Me or the beach house"

Hunter laughed and looked into Agnes's eyes lovingly, "Of course it's me"

"Hunter!" Agnes playfully slapped his shoulder. Even at their age they still acted as if they were just fresh out of high school lovers.

They pulled up into the driveway and they could see fairylights were decorated throughout the whole front porch and garden. It reminded them of their first date. A disaster that was.

"Grandma! Grandpa!" a boyish voice yelled from the porch and the little boy ran towards his grandparents that were getting out of their car.

When the boy came running,Hunter took the boy in his arms and spun him around. "How's my trooper doin'? You've gotten taller and bigger bud! I almost broke my back" Hunter let out a laugh as he ruffled his grandson's blond -similar to his- hair.

"Harley Noah,is that you? Don't I get a hug?" Agnes walked over to them having to use a cane.

"Mama! Of course you do!" Harley gave Agnes the tightest hug with all his might and grinned happily.

"Sweetie where's the rest hm? Your mommy,aunt Phoebe?" Hunter held his beloved grandchild by the hand towards the backyard. Their hand in comparison was definitely a match.

"They're all tryna cook and they shoed me and daddy to watch the ball game but I don't like balls" Harley puffed.

"What about your sister, Ridley?" Hunter inquired.