Chapter eight

Follow me on Instagram @ jaisgrunge

Alex's POV

My blood felt cold running through my veins. My heart skipped a beat causing my chest to ache for .2 seconds. I filled my lungs with air and released it all through my vocal cords. My mellow scratchy howl startled everyone in the truck. Brent jumped out of skin and was pulled back into his seat by the tan colored seat belt. Bree gasped hiding her face inside Hayden's warming chest.
"What the fuck dude get back in the truck" Hayden yelled through the glass window at Jeff. Jeff stood on the other side of the passenger window, face to face with me. His dark narrow silhouette stiffly stood before my eyes.
Jeff lifted his arm and opened the back door. Crawling into the back seat next to Hayden, Bree still wrapped in his bear hug.
The engine roared but the truck didn't start. Brent twisted the key in the ignition again. Another loud roar but nothing after that.
"The hell?" Brent hollered under his breath.
"What's going on?" Bree asked in her soft southern accent.
"I don't know" Brent swung the door open and hopped out of the truck. We watched him lift the front of the car and look inside. Everyone but Jeff.
"We best set up shelter here" Jeff mentioned without taking his eyes off what every he was staring at outside the window.
I looked back at Hayden and he gave me a concerned look. Bree's worried face looked up at Hayden. Next Jeff swung his door open and slammed it.
I cringed when the door made a cracking sound as it slammed shut.
Bree got out of the truck and Hayden protecting over her. I remained in the car where it was safe, I feel like something is out there with Jeff.
"Hey bud wanna come make yourself useful?" Brent's  sarcasm lured me out of the truck. Him and Jeff unloaded stuff out of the back.
This probably wasn't the best camp ground, an abandon gas stain in the middle of no where. Grass and dirt grew over the pavement that used to be part of the gas station.

"Best set shelter" Bree mocked. It hurt to giggle at a moment like this maybe because I think I should be more mad that we are lost and Jeff is a ironic human, or if he even is human.

"I wonder if the gas station is open?" Hayden asked walking towards the dark bricked building.

"Of corse it's not open dumbass" Brent yelled in frustration. He tossed around small mettle rods and steaks.
"I'm going in" Bree cheered throwing her plaid blanket on the ground.

I followed behind. Walking straight to the gas station. I looked back at Jeff, he sat on the tail gate watching Brent.
"Gonna help dude?" Brent hollered. Brent has short patients they don't last long. He really tries though to keep his short temper tamed.

Hayden rattled the glass door. It echoed a jingle sound but didn't budge.
Bree pressed her face against the glass cuffing her hand around her eyes for support. I banged my fist against the window. The vibration hit her face sending her backwards. Bree let a high pitched scream.

"Fuck you Alex" she said picking herself off the floor. Hayden and I chuckled together before helping her up.
"I think I got the tent done" Brett called out.

Journal entry one

When I grasp the black Nikon camera I feel a rush. Do I want to film them bleeding out helplessly. That would be great evidence for the police when they try to figure out who murdered these poor innocent teens. It's me who killed them mr. Cop. I'm going to spend some time thinking about who to kill first. Maybe the first victim will be the most helpless one, or maybe the strong leader that way the weak ones are on their own, in my control. My hands are tingling to wrap around the skin of a neck, just squeeze the life out of it.
Everyone needs my help so I better act helpful while I can.