Chapter 10

A/N: let the randomness begin...

~*~

Without knocking on the door you burst into America's room, earning an almost girlish scream from him. "What the heck, [y/n]!?" he shouted at you, his arms above in defence. "Where's she?" you asked. He pointed behind, where Penang was sitting in the corner, her legs pulled to her chest and her expression a comical crying.

You went up to her and asked,"What's wrong? All you did was scold Romano and now you're crying?" She glanced at the American, then pulled you to her level,"Just don't tell anyone." She whispered in your ear, at which you stared at her,"Serious?" She nodded, looking away,"But he's already with Big Brother Spain."

"What's with the big brother? You call America that too but you don't look the slightest bit related."

"It's just a calling for whoever I look up to."

"Oh... Anyway, let's get those tears cleared up." you grabbed her arm and pulled her from her pity party, and dragged her to the toilet outside America's room. Girls need their privacy, and America might pry.

Penang washed her face, clearing off the stains on her cheeks as you stood next to her. "How did it start?", you asked. She splashed her face one last time before reaching for the towel that hung nearby. She folded it back and placed it on the counter, then faced you.

"My brother, Melaka, once fought Portugal but lost. After that, he would bring me to where he stayed after the fall of his kingdom. That's where I met Romano. Despite his huffy attitude and tendency to cuss, I felt an attraction to him. But of course I never understood before, since I was quite young at the time. Only after I consulted England did I know, but it was too late. I still like him, even now." she explained, her fingers pulling the hem of her sleeves. You thought with a finger at your chin and a frown on your face. Within seconds you snapped your fingers as you got a brilliant idea. You placed both hands on your shoulders,"I'll help you forget your love for Romano!"

Her eyes widened with shock,"What!? I can't! I've taken a great liking to him since I was a kid!" You laughed as you shook her,"Well, we'll just find you a new crush!" She shook her head as she took one step back,"No. I've talked to Japan. We are not official characters in that... Anime. Although I have a brother who loves Wy, he knows full well he can never be with her. I can never be with anyone, no matter how much I love them." "That's... Sad. Wait, how many brothers do you have?"

"We're not going into that." She pushed past you to get to the door,"Look, don't try to solve my problems. I was not created by the creator of the anime. In your world, I only exist as a state, not a character." She disappeared from your sight, as you stood there dumbfounded. You heard America greeting her, as you just contemplated what you had just said. You muttered,"But, why?"

As you went back to the living room, Canada asked,"What took you so long?" You didn't answer him. Instead you asked,"Is it true unofficial characters cannot truly interact with the official characters?" He shrugged,"There are many original characters created by our fans, most of them states, but our creator didn't. It's almost as if we are from two different worlds. We can still talk and all, but we cannot have serious relationships. It affects us too much."

You frowned hearing that. "And guess what?" Canada said,"The chat's quiet." You looked at the laptop and saw Italy's message. "Well, he knows..." you muttered to yourself as you tried to distract the countries with the worst joke in history.

[n/n]: why did the chicken cross the road

~*~

A/N: someone needs to remind me to update this story.

Edit [14/10/2016]: hey guys, a little life update. I'll be going through my major exam soon (full details on Nothing To See Here) and all my fics are on hiatus until my exam finishes. I know you guys would love for the next update but for now, there won't be any. I apologise for not updating in so long.

But I make one promise: after my exams are done I'll be investing my time in writing fics that haven't been updated for months.

All I ask is you wish me luck on my exam, because it will determine whether I get to go into college. Ciao, and I'll be back in December.