Chapter 11

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Amipere. My dragon." It feels good to say that, almost like something has been missing and I finally found it. I finally found Amipere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You brought your dragon?" James looks stunned.

"No."

"Huh?"

"I was leaving when she flew to me and I was knocked over."

"But... She shouldn't be able to fly."

I shrug "Fast learner?" They all look doubtful but before they can say anything, another boy comes over. 

"Look" he sneered "it's the little girl. She's hanging out with the misfits." he turned to me "You're gonna pay girl. Nobody messes with my brother and yes away with it. He's gonna have scars on his back for life!" I sigh and think back to the idiot that thought it would be fun to steal my egg. 

"I'm sorry," I said, turing to face his glare. "do you remember me asking for your opinion? No? M'kay, me neither. Just checking." Mr. Idiot's face goes red and he splutter like an whale.

"Do you know who I am? You won't get away with that! My father's on the board! What happened to women who had manners?!?!" I snort.

"Are you naturally this idiotic or are you making a special effort?" still sputtering, he turned and stalked away. I looked down and realized I hadn't gotten any food yet. Standing, I look towards the buffet. I slowly walk past the see of faces that are staring at me. Apparently they were watching my little exchange with Mr. Idiot. I grab an apple, some bread, and a bowl of noodles and walk back. Right in front of the table, as I setting everything down, I trip. Landing with a thud, I'm suddenly happy that no one was watching anymore. 

"Oh my gosh!!" I hear Alex. "Are you ok?"

"Yep." I reply, standing up again "I was doing a spontaneous gravity check. Good news, it still works." Alex rolls his eyes before pulling out my chair. 

"Thanks."

"Just try not to hurt yourself. Tomorrow you're gonna go through hell and back."

"For what?"

"Ground training. It takes up to three days for your dragon to be big enough to carry you, or even start practice." 

"What are we gonna do?" 

Alex starts his sentence, only to be cut off by James. "Don't give everything away. You don't want to spoil all the... fun she'll be having right?" A bell tolls through the hall and everyone stands to leave. By the door, there is a trashcan, a dolly, and a guard. I see students trowing out all the food they didn't eat, and placing the bowls, plates, utensils, and cups on the dolly. I do the same and walk towards my room. The walk seems longer now and it feels like forever before I'm standing next to the doors. 'Home sweet home.' I think. The door pushes open easily and I go straight to the bathroom to take a shower. There's a thump as the door closes and I turn the water on. The hot, massaging spray fills the lonely silence and I finish slowly. A red and gold towel is on the shower hand. It's soft and plush, like everything in my room. Ampere has long since gone to sleep in a small nest I hadn't noticed. I go to the closet and grab black shirt with green shorts. I'm about to go to bed when I notice the package my sisters gave me. In all the excitement, I had forgotten about it. Sitting on the bed, with it in hand, I tear open the paper. What's inside has me tearing up as I pull it out. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hahaha! I finally updated! Sorry about the cliffhanger... 

*Hides behind chair* Don't kill me please! I'm to young to die!!!

Comment on what you think is in the package! No, it can't be something huge. Please make it something that could fit on a regular sized dinner plate.

Thanks! 

--

101silver_wolf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------