Chapter 21

--------------------------------------------
Maybe he'll be my friend.
--------------------------------------------
Gradually, more and more instructors trickle in until they are all in the center of the field. I watch them, wary. They look at us for a few minutes before dismissing us to lunch. John and I walk each with each other to the cafeteria, exchanging funny stories and tales with each other. We get to lunch and see that we are among the last to the line. I take an apple, stew, bread, and cheese and John does the same. The last thing is a mug of cider.
"Hey Zircon!" I see Alex waving at me from our table. I nod my head and start to walk. John stops me for a minute.
"Hey, wanna sit with me and my friends?" Dang, stuck between a rock and a boulder! Who to choose? Wait!!
A lightbulb goes off in my head. 'Wait, what's a lightbulb?' I ask Raine
'Oh, don't worry it's not invented yet. Also, keep a watch out for indoor plumbing. It's gonna be big!' She smirks while I shrug. Anyway, back to my brilliant idea.
"John, why don't you sit with me and the guys over there?" He looks confused for a moment before nodding. "Ok." We weave through the tables and get to the gang.
"Guys, this is John. John this is Alex, Brenden, James, and Garett. John is s rider like us and we met during the 'fun times' you told me about."  The guys clear room for us and we sit down. Alex and James then launch into this long involved story about how they accidentally set their teachers hair on fire because she failed to mention not to put two ingredients together and shake it.
John then had to ask why they would put them together and shake it. They both shrugged and said, "Why wouldn't we?" At the same time. Before long, lunch is over and John and I go back to the field. The instructors are waiting for us and start explaining the next activity. We are going to fight each other, again, and then our peers are going to point out the mistakes we made. They call out the pairs and John and I are surprised to hear our names called as a group.
"Alright!" Yells Hunter "Anyone volunteer to go first?" John and I,  along with a few others raise our hands. "Zircon and John! You guys up first. You get one weapon each!" Well, this should be fun, I think as we choose our weapons, a staff for John and a dagger for me. Haha! Same as last time!