I

Sadness is not eating because you like the way your stomach looks in the morning.

And that's exactly what Paradise did, she starved, starved, starved. She hid, hid, hid her bones under large shirts and baggy pants. Because she was skin and bones and regrets.

Because she was the girl with eyes like heaven, and body like porcelain. Fair, fragile, and beautiful. But she never saw herself as such.

Paradise sat at lunch, playing with her sickly looking greenish mashed potatoes and imagined if she could sleep instead. Sleep was one thing paradise enjoyed, beisides breathing. Paradise slept, and breathed, but never did she eat. Not unless it was abesolutley necessary.

And everyday she wanted to be the one thing she already was, but didn't know. Perfect.

Because she was skin and bones and regrets.

Because she was the girl with eyes like heaven, and body like porcelain. Fair, fragile, and beautiful. But she never saw herself as such.

All she saw was fat, fat, fat. Despite the ribs that poked out from under her large shirts and the hipbones under her baggy pants.

Paradise was alone as she sat at lunch, playing with her sickly looking greenish mashed potatoes and imagined if she could sleep instead. The girls around her frowned and felt a similarity to the color of the mashed potatoes as they stared at her.

The girl with eyes like heaven, and body like porcelain. Fair, fragile, and beautiful. And skinny. Very, very skinny. If Paradise wanted to, she could wrap her hand completely over her upper thigh. And her fingers would overlap. She could put both hands on her hips and her fingers would touch.

Because she was skin and bones and regrets.

But, then amongst the girls around her that frowned and felt a similarity to the color of the mashed potatoes as they stared at her, there was a boy.

A boy with brown eyes that remind one of hot chocolate and warm mahogany fires that burn a little too bright.

The boy's brown eyes that remind one of hot chocolate and warm mahogany fires that burn a little too bright stare at the girl with eyes like heaven, and body like porcelain.

Paradise shivers a bit in her seat as the boy surveys her entire body. He immediately saw through her ellaborate ruse of large shirts and baggy pants and playing with her sickly looking greenish mashed potatoes and wanting to be the one thing she already was, perfect. Her icey blue eyes that remind him of frozen lakes and clear skies. He saw her as what she was, a girl with eyes like heaven, and body like porcelain. Fair, fragile, and beautiful. She was skin and bones and regrets.

He sat next to her, and she ignored him. She continued to play with her sickly looking greenish mashed potatoes.

"I'm Parker." he states, and Paradise knew what he was. The boy with the brown eyes that remind her of hot chocolate and warm mahogany fires that burn a little too bright is not what the giggling girls think. He looks like kindness, but smells of cigarettes and mistakes. His voice is sweet and silky, but sounds of deceit.

His blonde curls are unruly and untamed, sweeping over his pale forehead, giving him a boyish look, but Paradise is not fooled. He looks like kindness, but smells of cigarettes and mistakes. He was nothing more then the boy with the brown eyes that remind her of hot chocolate and warm mahogany fires that burn a little too bright.

"Paradise" the girl with eyes like heaven, and body like porcelain. Fair, fragile, and beautiful says, playing with her sickly looking greenish mashed potatoes. But she doesn't take a bite. She starved, starved, starved. Because she was skin and bones and regrets. Because she's nothing more then a girl who wanted to be the one thing she already was, but didn't know. Perfect.