V

Sadness is brushing your teeth after every meal, because it comes right back up.

Paradise frowned as she sat infront of Parker and looked at the menu. Calories. Calories. Calories.
Paradise sighed as she decided what was her only option. Order the smallest salad possible and a water, then excuse herself to the bathroom to evacuate the contents of her stomach into the porcelain bowl she had known as her only other friend besides her blades and bed.

Somewhere then a boy in a football jacket took a picture of the two, Paradise and Parker. Parker, of course, smiled widely and hugged Paradise. Paradise, on the other hand, offered a tight, close lipped smile and a middle finger. (A/N: pic above)

Paradise hates pictures.

Dinner went without a hitch and a nice woman in the bathroom offered Paradise a stick of gum. She'd much have preferred a tooth brush and paste, but, beggars simply cannot be choosers.

Especially when they were nothing more then an ellaborate ruse of large shirts and baggy pants and long sleeves rubbing against new cuts and playing with sickly looking greenish mashed potatoes and lying on the cold, dirty, cracked linoleum floor in a puddle of her own tears. And angry red slashes on wrists, and the sadness that was held in each of the purple bruises that littered her perfectly imperfect face and icey blue eyes that reminded a certain boy of frozen lakes and clear skies, and dark circles under those eyes that were cold, but not hateful.

The girl who's words were a symphony of melody and beautiful harmony.

Parker smiled wide as he looked back at his Paradise as he held her hand and dragged her towards the ice rink.

"No Parker please, i have litterally less then a baby deer's balance" Paradise begged, her face was soft and calm, but there was a drop of fear in her silky voice that Parker would never hear.

"Don't worry babe, I'll keep you up" Parker assures, stepping onto the ice and holding onto Paradise's waist.

As Paradise feels her feet sliding beneath her and the loss of control becomes imminent, she grips tight to Parker's arms. "I swear to god Parker, if i die today i am NOT putting in a good word for you in hell" Paradise seeths, holding fast to the idea of never letting go of Parker's warm being. "If you die, I'll have to tell Satan that myself" Parker chuckled, staring into her eyes. Those very same orbs that two days ago had drawn him to her.

Those crystiline blue eyes that reminded him of frozen lakes and clear skies.

The perfectly imperfect dark circles under those eyes that were cold, but not hateful.

He loved her.

After three hours of slipping and sliding and giggles and fun, they exited the ice rink and went into the ski lodge.

Parker promptly ordered two cups of hot cocoa, with extra whipped cream and marshmallows of course, but frowned when he realised that Paradise was not drinking her's.

"I'm a vegan..." Paradise explained, and looked up to the waiter. "I'll have hot green tea, no sugar please." Paradise smiled that warm smile that never quite reaced her eyes to melt those frozen lakes and light those clear skies.

"No wonder your so skinny" Parker laughed, pushing his blonde curls off his forhead.