VI

Sadness is not remembering the last time you smiled.

Paradise honestly couldn't remember the last time she was this happy, wrapped in the arms that belonged to the boy with the warm brown eyes that reminded her of hot chocolate and warm mahogany fires.

Parker couldn't remeber the last time he didn't feel lonely.

He still had three hours with this girl, and he planned to make the most of it.

They made a wonderful pair, those two.

A boy of fire, and a girl of ice.

She was all things cold, and couldn't help but melt for the boy with the warm brown eyes that reminded her of hot chocolate and warm mahogany fires.

The boy who couldn't hear the lies she told, and the girl who couldn't see the love he could hold.

Parker was lonelyness.

Paradise was pain.

But now, with his warm arm under her nearly black curls, as they stared at the cloudy sky, and imagined strange animals and irregular shapes in the magically fluffy white poofs of evaporated water, she wasnt in pain, and he wasn't lonely.

So they layed there. For three whole hours, they just layed and looked at the clouds, telling eachother stories and corny jokes.

Then the time came to go home. And Paradise frowned again.

As they began to approach the run-down box-like house, Paradise's eyes began to water.

Parker stopped, his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion."what's wrong Arrie?" he asks, using the nickname he had created for her earlier.

"I don't want you to go away. I don't want you to leave me. They always leave..." she mutters, tears begginning to roll down her face.

Parker pulls Paradise into his warm embrace, tucking her face into his neck and rubbing her back.

"This is a see you later baby, not goodbye. I promise. I'll be back for you tonight. Just look out your widow as the clock strikes midnight darling, and I'll take you to my friend's party, we'll have fun and you'll love it. I promise." Parker sooths, and Paradise looks up at him, hope in her icy blue eyes that reminded him of frozen lakes and clear skies.

Then something magical, unexpected, but very much wanted happened.

Parker kissed Paradise.

And paradise kissed back.

The door opened, Raymond standed in the opening, a wide smile playing on his evil lips.

"Time to get inside now Princess." he spoke, a false sence of kindness in his voice.

"Yes daddy..." Paradise murmurs, brushing past Raymond into the destitude house.

Raymond took a good look at Parker's glowing form.

"Did ya have your money's worth son?" he asks, a dirty look on his face.

"Your daughter is the most wonderful human being I have ever met." Parker admits,  a warm blush flowing over his dimpled cheeks.

"She's awful sweet, got a good mouth, and an angel face. That body is enough to make a man cry" Raymond says, a dirty tone in his voice, though his face remains pseudo-kind.

And Parker would never hear the evil in Raymonds words.

And Paradise would never be saved from that place so far from her name she could call it hell.