XVI

Sadness is a tornado, there's really nothing you can do but sit still and wait, and finally when the storm is over... you are left with the destruction. The scars on your body, the puffy eyes from crying, the exhaustion from fighting a losing battle.

Parker looked at Raymond with anger and hatred and most of all, sadness. "You son of a bitch!" Parker screamed, charging at Raymond angrily, but Raymond steped to the side quickly, growling. "Stupid fucking hybrid, do you really think you can take me down?" Raymond questions, and Parker's eyes widen.

"What ARE you?" Parker questions, and Raymond grins, a wide Cheshire smile slithering across his face.

"Don't you fucking see kid? Everything I did , I did for her. Every punch, every kick, every man in her bed and every disorder in her head. It's all for her own good. I was trying to help her, without telling her what she was. She needs to figure it out on her own."

"She is your daughter! You twisted bastard!" Parker screamed, his fist connecting with Raymond's face. Raymond simply laughed.
"Holding back on me now are you?" Raymond questioned, flicking his wrist. Parker flew across the room, banging his back on the wall. "Parker struggled to keep control. Parker knew better then to lose it.

Because parker wasn't simply the son of any demon

Parker was the son of Lucifer himself.

"Come on, old sport. Give me a challange" Raymond chuckles, and his eyes flash over to Paradise's lifeless form. "Yaknow, i never got to touch her myself, but i was told she tasted like peaches and cream, tell me, do you think it true?" Raymond taunts, dragging his thick fingertips over Paradise's porcelain face.

There, right there.

Parker saw red.

Parker didn't move, he didn't cry out, he didn't speak.

His face was hard as stone.

Raymond's body flew back, away from Paradise. His body seemed to float, an invisible hand seemed to be wrapped around his neck.

"There ya go, boy" Raymond chuckles, and Parker doesn't emote.

"Come near her ever again, i will rip your throat out... with my teeth." Parker said dryly.

"I don't think you have the guts." Raymond laughed, dropping to his feet. He rolled his neck in a circular motion, bones cracking.

"I may be part angel. But I'm the only child of the devil." he spoke, loudly, but monotone.

"Oh, but you are so wrong boy, you are so wrong" Raymond would have said, if a fist didnt connect with his face.

The two men broke out into a brawl, punches thrown every which way, skin brusing and slicing open upon teeth, feet finfing purchase upon shins. Finally, Raymond grabbed hold of Parker's shirt, backing him up and banging his head on the wall. Once, twice. Three times. Parker fell unconscious just as Zach and Esther walked into the room. Esther's eyes widened as she took gaze upon Paradise, and Zach growled as he looked at Raymond, his eyes briefly flashing to Parker's lifeless body.

"Oh great, now I've gotta deal with the mutt who can't even shift" Raymond taunts, and Zach laughs, snapping his fingers.

In walks Freddie and Hunter.

And for the first time in years, Raymond was afraid.

And Freddie grinned.