Epilogue

"Stop complaining and put on the damn tie," Luke huffed, growing frustrated by Michael's protesting.

It had been agreed that Calum would get ready with Ashton and Luke with Michael, on the basis that they needed to bond beyond their set friendships. Not all of them had been willing, however, which was why Michael was causing deliberate fuss and refusing to cooperate.

Michael groaned. "Why do I even have to wear it?"

"Because you're going to a wedding and everyone else will be wearing them," Luke explained, cornering the boy and forcing the fabric around his neck. "See? Really not that hard."

"Whatever," Michael smirked, "just remember that the person you're about to marry once paid me to stalk you."

Luke laughed softly, reminiscing over the encounter. It was so long ago yet still so vivid in his mind, those were the days that changed everything for him. "You know, I don't think I ever told you that three kids cried after you came into the library."

"Shut up," Michael pouted, smacking Luke's arm.

"Come on," Luke grinned, allowing his excitement to become obvious. Why should he have to hide it? He was getting married to the love his life, after all. "I don't want to be late to my own wedding."

"Calm down Hemmings, the taxi is waiting."

The two walked, or in Luke's case half ran, towards the car parked at the side of the road. Once seated the engines started up, the wheels grinding harshly against gravel as they headed towards the church.

Stupid perhaps, but Calum was apparently a sucker for tradition.

The taxi driver kept smiling excitedly at the blond, explaining how he was rarely given such a responsibility as this. It reminded him of when his youngest daughter got married, and ever since the man had always had a soft spot for weddings.

Luke adored how the day was about more than just him and Calum, everyone played a part and found joy in the two boys' happiness.

"Have you heard from Calum's parents recently?" The blond asked his friend suddenly, meaning to have mentioned it earlier.

Michael's smile fell into a frown. "Not even Calum has heard from them. He told them about the two of you getting married and they said that they wanted nothing to do with it, or him, ever again. Thankfully he doesn't seem too bothered by it, never quite bonded with his parents the way a kid should. But I guess being a billionaire isn't all about the perks."

Luke nodded, aware that Michael's words shouldn't have affected him how they did. But after all the time that had passed since they first met, the blond still found it so difficult to believe Calum's parents just didn't care, especially since Luke had once grown so dependent on his mum he would have rather died than live without her.

"The rest of his family will be there though," Michael added quickly, seeing Luke's conflicted expression. "Aunts, uncles, cousins - that kind of thing."

Luke nodded nervously. The blond had never met any of Calum's wider family and had no idea whether they would react to the situation in the same way his parents had. People had different standards for one another, the entire concept of Calum being disowned for wanting to be with someone like Luke absolutely terrifying.