Chapter 2

The next day, Jason brought the hourglass with him to show it to his girlfriend. It was already break time when Jason saw Tina and her friends playing boggle. 

“Hi babe, look what I got!” Jason greeted her and kissed Tina on her cheeks. Tina was a bit too serious in forming words on the boggle but she took a quick glance on what Jason was holding.

“Wow, what an old-looking hourglass, but it seems pretty. Is that the hourglass you’ll be giving me?” Tina asked his boyfriend.

“Well, it depends if you will also give me what I want.” Jason said naughtily as he softly blows on Tina’s ear.

“Will you stop that Jase; there’s only some few seconds remaining, I need to find more words”.

Then, after that game, his bestfriend Paul came so they both join the game.

“Alright! Let us use this antique hourglass now so you may keep that phone away.” Jason said. “Paul, on the count of three, I’ll tip this hourglass and you open the cover, okay? One, Two, Three.”

Jason tipped the hourglass and in an instant, he felt the world started to spin making him dizzy, after a few seconds, he felt fine again. He was holding the hourglass and Tina suddenly spoke.

“Wow, what an old-looking hourglass, but it seems pretty. Is this the hourglass you’ll be giving me?”

“What, you already asked me that?” Jason said but he instantly realizes what‘s happening but still in disbelief.

“Well, it depends if you will also give me what I want.” Jason said but no longer in a naughty-sounding way though he still blew on Tina’s ear softly.

“Will you stop that Jase; there’s only some few seconds remaining, I need to find more words”.

Paul suddenly came and they both join the game. Jason is feeling a bit shocked but he does not want to admit it, this time he made some changes. He let Paul tipped the hourglass and he opened the cover. They were able to play normally. Jason was not able to form many words during the game as he was still in disbelief. A new game was about to start, Jason decided that he will tip the hourglass again, just to make sure. So he tipped the hourglass, he felt the world spinning again and found himself half way in the middle of the game that just ended.

‘This can’t be happening.’ Jason thought, telling himself that all these cannot be happening.

Jason was not able to focus on the game during their basketball practice after class. He had been thinking of testing it more to prove that the hourglass ‘power’ is genuine.

He went home to do some experiment, good thing his mom was not home yet. He went slowly upstairs to his room and checked the time. It was 5:55PM; he took his red shirt off, grabbed his scissor and started cutting it to pieces, and then he grabbed a photo frame that was hanging on the wall and slammed it on the floor making the glass shattered. It was 5:57PM, then he tipped the hourglass upside down, he felt dizzy then afterwards found himself unlocking the door to his house. He was still wearing the red shirt that he cut a ‘future’ ago, then he run upstairs to his room and it was 5:54PM, he looked at the photo frame - it was there, it was fine! Realizing and believing what was happening, Jason smirked.

=======

A/N: his chapter is dedicated to VioletSwan who created the awesome cover! Thank you so much!