Chapter 6 (Last Chapter)

Jason had been hearing Tina’s voice waking him up.

‘I am hearing Tina, I’m probably already dead.’ Jason thought. He opened his eyes, looked around and saw that he’s inside the History classroom; Tina was beside him raising an eyebrow.

"Jase wake up. History class has already ended. You’re lucky that Mr. Hamilton did not notice you sleeping in class. Others already left and we'll be late on..." Tina was surprised as Jason hugged him tightly.

“Tina, I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. I’ll change for good, I promise you. Give me another chance, please.” Jason continued to hug Tina tightly.

“Jase, I guess you dreamt something. Everything’s fine babe, let’s go we’ll be late for the next period.”  Tina said as she tried to let go from Jason’s embraced and pulled him out of the History classroom.

Jason was so silent, deep in his thoughts until the end of the class. He was able to talk with Paul and it seems that there’s been no conflict between them. He realized that he just went back to the time when he’s still about to buy an hourglass, but he was now confused if everything that happened was all just a dream.

On the way home, he decided to make a side trip and went to the abandoned house where the antique shop stood during that time. He was surprised as the antique shop was there! Hesitant and nervous, he still went inside. The inside still looked the same – old mirrors, cabinets and chess pieces were still on display and as he looked near the window, he became more terrified as the black-sand hourglass was there and beside it was the little black booklet. Suddenly, he heard a familiar ‘antique-sounding’ woman’s voice.

“Nice to see you back young lad. How’s your ‘journey’?” Lucinda greeted. Jason was surprised by her greeting.

“What do you mean that I’m back? I-I…”

“Do you really think that everything that happened was all just a dream? Well…perhaps. It’s a total mystery young lad, but you being back here is great news indeed, really great.”

“I don’t understand. Everything seems real, yet I’m back to normal like it was all a dream. It doesn’t make sense.” Jason said totally confused.

The old lady walked towards the window and grabbed the hourglass.

“This hourglass is no ordinary, of all people, I know you understand what I mean. Everything that you experienced, everything that happened is real, and that is a total mystery.”

“If everything that happened to me was REAL, why am I ‘back’ at this…time? Or is it that today is the dream. Ugh! This is totally confusing! Why me?”

“This hourglass is mysterious, it really is hard to comprehend. If you ask me why you…honestly, I’m not sure, though I think the hourglass is the one who chooses and I think it chooses the person who needed it. You’re back in time because you learned something in your ‘journey’, am I right?” The old lady asked him and Jason nodded.

“It’s because you acknowledged and admitted your fault, that you’re back in time, that you’ll now do the right thing.” The old lady continued.

“Who are you really? Are you the one who created that…that…that black thing?“

“No, I’m not the one who created this, I also don’t know who. But I was also once a ‘victim’ of this hourglass, but I also ‘returned’. So I decided to take care of it and give it to someone who ask for it. If you still want to have the hourglass, I will still give it to you, perhaps this time you’ll…“ Lucinda was not able to finish as Jason immediately declined.

“No, everything that happened is already enough. I’m better without it. But…I’m interested to have this tiny little black booklet here, if it’s fine with you.”

“No problem young lad. If you only want the black booklet, take it.”

Jason took the little black booklet with him as both of them bid their farewell to each other. He left the old antique shop and started to burn the tiny black booklet with his lighter. This way the hourglass will just be an ordinary hourglass, Jason thought. Though the hourglass he left inside the shop, also turned to ashes.

Jason acted now as a well-matured person, well, not perfect though, but he and Paul no longer bullied Bob and they even became friends with him. He started to have some conversation with his mom and he even accompany her on her treatment. They even go out for dinner during Saturdays together with Tina, and Paul sometimes joins them. Jason’s everyday life may not be perfect, but he treasure every single minute of it. This was way so much better than his life during the ‘black-sand hourglass’ days anyway.

END

~~~~~~~

A/N: I thank you once again for reading the story until its end. I thank you all those who voted and commented, as well as silent readers. I hope you enjoy the story as I enjoyed writing it. Hope you'll also read my other books,"The Last Healer (A Witch's Tale)" (not finished yet) and "Story Telling".

Last chapter dedicated to my pal who's my #1 supporter: thebunnyhops. thanks girl!