Chapter 6- You Shoot Me Down

You shout it out,
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud, not saying much
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up

David Guetta Ft. Sia- Titanium

***

A sting was all it took for me to lift myself up from the darkness that had swallowed my eyes. My eyes flickered open, my face scrunching up for only a millisecond before I blinked and it became blank again.

Above me, the ceiling was taller and an odd dark black that made me aware to my surroundings. I wasn't back there. The events of last night had already drifted back to me but the feeling of a bit of fear built up on me but instantly crashed down.

Fear like that shouldn't exist in my language.

I didn't attempt to get up, pain blooming all over my shoulders. Another sharp pain in my shoulder alerted me to another needle-type device being jabbed in and out of me. I shivered and gasped as the ache on my arm triggered my forgotten memory from yesterday night.

"It's not him we're interested in Amber Zoey Ryder."

Light, almost unnoticeable footsteps sounded from behind me. It was obvious everyone here had been trained to the highest level. I knew FBI, and I knew they didn't train like this.

Aiden looked over my head, only being about an inch taller then me, and gave a small discreet nod to whoever had approached me.

I didn't turn around, just cocked an eyebrow at him, waiting for whatever he had given the signal for.

A sharp pain started in my neck, causing an instant dizzy spell that I resisted. I kept an blank face for thirty seconds while Aiden and the others stared at me impassively, though I saw the one second flicker of awe behind those strongly guarded eyes.

I squeezed my eyes shut after, resisting whatever had been put into me before giving in after what felt like eternity. I swayed, Aiden catching me quickly and let the darkness take over my vision.

They had drugged me.

A head popped into my vision, and although I was severely disoriented it took only a second for me to adjust to it. The light cast a shadow over the face, but when his rough voice filled my ears I knew who it was.

"How you doing there Ambie?" He chirped, my head pounding in response even if I kept an impassive state whilst staring at him.

"Yeah, that's your new nickname," He stated, tilting his head a little bit.  "Seeing as you're going to be stuck with me for a while. It comes from your first name. Zee is also a permissible one. From Zoey."

"Stop scaring the new recruit Agent Thompson," A gruff voice interjected, the cold tone swirling around it making my list of observations grow.  Whoever the voice belonged to had been doing whatever for a while. And he called Aiden 'agent'.

The pain lifted from my shoulders and I took that opportunity to shoot up. My eyes took a quick one second examination of the room to find it was similar to an infirmary, except for a few differences. Technology surrounded the room, from computers to TVs to little gadgets whizzing around. The normal doctor equipment had been replaced with advanced tools I hadn't known existed, but looked far too futuristic to know that this wasn't a normal place. But unusually, the only person here was Aiden. Who had spoken then?

I had no restraints on and was ironically dressed in a hospital gown, although it was fitted and black. I gave me enough room to move, and was surprisingly flexible. I rolled off the bed and made the quick decision to try and escape.