Sugawara Koushi // Unsaid Love

There is this one guy, now sitting there right under your nose like an angel he is. The guy who always showers you with his gentle angelic smiles just to make you feel better. The guy who makes you feel wanted. Who protects you from your fears. Who treats you with respect. Who runs to your house just to see if you're okay. Checks on you when your texts are unusual just in case you're feeling upset. Who accepts you being yourself, and loves you for it.

"No.. You don't have to walk me home today." You said, assuring the grey haired guy beside you. "You should just focus on your club activity. Preliminaries are coming, right?"

He looks rather unsure but did as you say anyway. There's no point on arguing with you, you're always persistent in what you say. "Okay then.. If you insist."

He told you to be careful on your way home, and text him when you got home safely.

Both of you had been friends for as long as you could remember. He has been a part of your daily life. When he's not there, it feels weird and unusual.

But, this situation of you telling him to go ahead practice for his volleyball club instead of skipping it for minutes just to walk you home. This has been repeated for times, since finals are about to come, and third years are about to graduate and get theirselves a life.

Graduations are bittersweet. You got to continue reaching your dreams. The hard thing is.. you've got to say goodbye to your friends. Everyone is going to walk on their own paths and eventually gonna be separated. Everyone including you and him.

You are just really afraid of the idea of you and him will have to separate someday. He will surely get himself a beautiful wife and a family and a perfect life. He has high potential to reach his future dreams, since he does excellent on his studies in high school. You've known these things, and you're sure he's aware of it too.

So why not get used to it before it's too late and it will hurt more than any blade ever will.

When you opened your front door at the sound of your door bell, you were not aware that it'd be this guy who came. But, at the same time you were not surprised. Instead this is rather natural for the both of you.

"I thought you'd be happier than that." Suga says, after seconds of uncomprehending silence between the both of you. You were just lost at your own thoughts and looking unresponsive at his presence.

"Why would I?" You teased playfully. And he just chuckles and his voice sounds like freAKING HEAVEN

Sometimes you catch yourself thinking of him as not just a friend, more than best friend, and it shot you in the head and stabbed you through your heart to think that he has never think of you that way. You'd just act normally around him to not ruin your long life friendship. The friendship you had between you and Suga is too precious to be broken only because you being honest about your own feelings.

After letting himself in, he just threw himself to the couch nearby the television like he always does and so you do.

"So, what is the purpose of your visit?" You asked while making yourself comfortable in the couch.

"Do I need a purpose to visit my best friend?" He answered. "But you know.. Lately. You've been busy."

He noticed your lack of texts for him. You don't reply his texts as fast as you did. In the past, you and him would have unlimited texting. From him telling you to get your ass of your bed in Sunday mornings to get breakfast, and telling you to go to sleep before he does.

Now you're just filled with a bunch of excuses. Reply like hours later and saying you were asleep, or watching anime (even though most of the time you did) and sometimes studying.

"Oh. Right.. We're third years, and will graduate soon. I should concentrate more on my studies and get myself a life." You answered, half truth half lies. "You're aware of it too." Yes, you've been busy. But not that busy to the point you'd reply him like per 3 hours.

Boy-girl friendships can be quite complicated sometimes. 'Just friends' with a boy who cares for you and spends time with you like most of the time? That's just cruel.

Suga nods. "That's true. I'm always here to support." He said once again with his voice, just how comforting his voice is for you. He has no idea.

"So do I." You said, giving him the most sincere smile you could.

"You're not mad at me?" The grey haired asked to you, making you quite surprised. "You're not lying or anything, right? Not making a bunch of excuses to ignore me?"

"No.. Of course not." You assured him and he seems dubious as ever. You could feel his uneasiness.

"If you said so." He said, uncertain. "I'm always here if you need to talk." He seems like he has more to say but instead he stops right there. He just stopped when he notices you're rather edgy with his too many questions heaped you.

You're actually feeling edgy. The feeling that strikes when you lie to your own best friend. It sucks.

You miss him and he misses you too and the both of you think s/he doesn't feel the same way, but perhaps that's just a big lie you're both hiding behind.

What do you think of this? It's my first time writting such an angst but idk why did I---
Is this considered as angst or---
Kind of.

We're all alive because of season 2. And that kagehine comeback though. Ohoho? Ohoho.