Akaashi Keiji // Books and Coffee

These pile of books were supposed to be read by you, who is going to go through the exam week. Somehow, while reading the umpteen page of the book, your drowsiness crept towards you.

You groaned, resisting the urge to sleep. Sleep sounds just perfect right now. Your finger tips squeeze your temples slightly, as you continue flipping through the pages with your other hand. Switching between those stacks of books. Then highlighting it and stuff, nodding and humming quietly at yourself.

Akaashi needs to restrain himself from chuckling. He's been staring for minutes, he knew he should stop staring but he didn't.

He's debating whether he should approach you, but decided against it. His instinct tells him you need some space alone with those books sprawled on the table. He knows you don't like it when people bother you while you're studying. (He didn't know it has always been okay if it was him though)

His lips crooked into a slight smile. He doesn't know how many times does he have to slap himself back to reality today.

He walks away after deciding to not come near you.

And, by the time he walks away, your eyes begin to scream for mercy. Probably because of the lack of sleep these past days, final exam is kind of hard to deal.

Not battling against your lassitude anymore, and you let youself retired to sleep. The rest of the book pages were left unread, and still opened. You rest your head against your crossed forearms, didn't feel that comfortable, but you didn't mind. The air conditioner makes the pages flip on their own.

After a couple of minutes, Akaashi is done with his books and decided to borrow some. He grabs those books and was ready to bring it to the counter. But then he stopped his steps and squinted his eyes, when he saw you sleeping soundly, on the library table. He sighs.

He neglects his original purpose to visit the library, and made his way towards you. You're still in a doze. Your hair is everywhere, it is a mess. Still beautiful, he thought.

He places his books on the table. Quietly pulling out the chair beside you and then he takes a seat, trying to not make a sound so you won't wake up. His dark green eyes are staring at you with his usual indifferent expression, but deep down he feels warm. It looks like you're not going to wake up anytime soon if nobody wakes you up.

His fingers are making their way towards you. As he tucked a few of your locks behind your ear, and it reveals more of your sleeping face to him. When you shifted at the touch, he flinches, then exhales.

"Akaashi?" He was wrong to think about you not getting up anytime soon. The moment he heard you murmur his name. Your eyes open slightly, and waking up to this kind of beautiful face couldn't be more pleasant than this. "So, that was you." You muttered under your breath. He nodded, then you smile, which was quite noticable for him that it was a weary smile.

"You still have time to sleep more," he said, after checking the time, "you look worned out." He strokes your hair and gently pats your head, telling you that it is okay to rest. He makes you feel pleasant. Everything he does make you feel pleasant. He's simply exquisite.

He doesn't need to demand you though. You were going back to sleep even without him telling you to do so. When you fell in a doze again, he begins to flip his book pages over. In some times he would steal glances at you, just to make sure you aren't drooling. And so he could see your sleeping face because he thinks it's cute.

He checks on the time. Then after deciding, he began to make his way out to the library. Minutes passed and he came back with a cup of coffee on his hand, you're still sleeping soundly.

He places the cup on the table, kind of distant from you so you won't spill it. He checks everything on the table again, making sure he doesn't forget anything before he's going. It's time to go to his volleyball practice.

He checks one last time, on table, his books, his belongings, and his you. He took off the blazer of his uniform, and wrapped it around your shoulders, patting them gently. He went to the counter and exits the library for the volleyball club.

More minutes passed, your eyes were opened but shut closed again. As your eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness, you got up, strecthing your hands out. And this was the reason Akaashi placed the cup of coffee distant from you.

You looked around, looking for him then knew that he already left since it's past the time for his usual volleyball practice. You noticed his blazer around your shoulders, sighing, and took it off. You fold it neatly and make sure to give it back to him later.

You saw a cup of coffee on the side, so his blazer isn't the only thing he left, you thought. And with a small piece of paper placed in front of it.

You get a hold of the paper and bring it close so you could see what's on the paper. It's handwritten.

here's a cup of coffee, your favorite one. don't be so hard on yourself, it is okay to rest. and, i love you.

Akaashi is beautiful.
End of discussion.