C H A P T E R 2 0

(PICTURE  ABOVE OF TARA MONTGOMERY)

C H A P T E R 2 0

"But if you had to, would you." Noah asks.

"No, I wouldn't even risk it. Those things are secretly conspiring to  take out the human race with giant spit bombs." I exclaim passionately.

"You're so melodramatic." MK laughs.

"Give it a rest guys. It's embarrassing enough." I mumble with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, but of all the things you could be scared of it had to be llamas." Noah laughs heartily.

My cheeks go even redder and I turn to push my face into Ryan's shoulder, avoiding the smirking eyes of the other two across the table.

"Alright guys, drop it." He says to the others as he pats my back consolingly but even he is trying to hold back a laugh.

"Fun sponge," Noah grumbles but the topic is dropped.

I eventually look up to find the elusive Tara glaring at me across the room once again. I try to ignore her but it feels like her eyes are burning holes through the back of my head.

"So you're sure is it alright for me to come round after school?" MK asks.

"Yup, I asked Marcy last night and she was all for it," I reply, grateful for something else to focus on.

I notice that Ryan and Noah exchange questioning glances but decide to think nothing of it.

-------

I seem to be making a habit of leaving things in my locker as I find myself once again backtracking through the halls alone just before the bell is supposed to ring for the start of the next period. Just as I reach the corner by my locker someone grabs the collar of my shirt and shoves me against the cold metal.

"Woah! What?" I try to yell but a hand is pushed over my mouth to block the words before they escape.

"Shut your mouth, new girl." A cold voice spits menacingly. I look up to meet hard blue eyes set into the face of the one and only queen bee of Fordman High School.

"What do you want, Tara?" I  ask hoping to get this over with as soon as possible.

"Oh, so you do know who I am. Which means you know exactly what I want." She snarls but leaves her sentence open-ended.

"To be honest I really don't." I reply, hoping to keep my voice from shaking.

"I want you to stay away from my boyfriend." She glares as if her charcoal eyes are searching my soul for a weakness. Play dumb.

"I don't understand," I say again, raising my eyebrows at her. Okay, not that dumb,

"Are you that stupid or were you dropped as a baby." She glares. Well, that was a bit harsh. "I mean Ryan."

So MK was right, even though they broke up months ago, Tara seems to believe she still has claim over Ryan, and apparently the people he associates with as well. 

"Unless you have been living under a rock, you should remember that you two broke up." I reiterate my thoughts to her, rolling my eyes. "You have no claim on him."

"Well, neither do you. So you can take your sorry ass back to where ever you came from because you're not welcome here." She snarls before retracting her claws from my shirt front and stalking down the hallway.

I let out a deep breath, trying to compose myself before standing up straight and stepping forward from my place against the locker wall. Once I can see clearly, I straighten my shirt and collect my books before returning to class.

---------------

"So, what are we going to do for this project?" MK asks
me on the way home.

Jack picked us up from school again but Ryan was nowhere to be seen.

"I don't really know," I admit. "I'm horrible at history."

At my old school, I had a D average, and the only reason I passed was because the teacher liked me and let me resit one of the assignments until I got a passing grade.

"What's this project supposed to be about?" Jack asks curiously from the front seat.

"The establishment of Fordman," I reply.

"I might be able to help then," Jack replied in an interested tone. "You see, my great-great-grandfather was one of the founders and I'm pretty sure that we have some of his old journals in the attic. I could look them out for you."

"That would be awesome, thanks Mr Hudson." MK thanks him as we pull up the driveway.

"You're welcome girls. I'll go find them and bring them to you." He turns off the key and we all get out of the vehicle.

MK and I go straight upstairs to dump our school stuff before we travel back downstairs in search of some food.

"Welcome home girls," Marcia says as she hands us a plate of cookies. "Could you take this through to the boys in the living room?"

MK takes the plate from her and we head towards the sound of the Xbox.

"Yes, food!" Ryan says when he sees us come into the room.

I wonder how he got home?

"Did someone say food?" Came Noah's voice as he walks into the room from the hallway. At his sudden appearance, MK dropped the plate of cookies all over the floor and they scatter unceremoniously across the carpet.

"MK!" I say stunned.

"I-I'm sorry, I just." MK stutters awkwardly.

I quickly bend to pick up the biscuits, gathering as many of the crumbled pieces as I can and placing the plate on the coffee table.

"Are you okay?" I ask her cautiously.

"Yes, I'm just going to go to the bathroom." She says in a rush before spinning on her heel and leaving the room.

I turn to look at Ryan for an answer but he looks just as confused as me. However, Noah just looks crestfallen. If either of their reactions is anything to go on something serious must have happened between the two of them and I need to fix it before it gets worse.

"I'll go check on her." I excuse myself before following MK's path up the stairs, my mind turning with possibilities.

--------

A/N.

What do you think happened between MK and Noah??

Love ya,
Meegs. Xx