i. ... In a Blue Moon

one ... in a blue moon

🦋

     IT WAS SAFE TO SAY that Laurel Crouch, no matter how much she denied it, was just like her brothers. They varied in appearances, and in talents, but all three were different sides of a coin; Laurel, having spent months understanding how to morph it to fit her family, came to the conclusion that whilst her brothers shared one side of the coin, she was alone on the other side. Whilst they were on the dark side of the coin, Laurel was on the light side, the side that had the light bouncing off of instead of being concealed between the light and the surface the coin sat atop of.

     Her brothers weren't in the dark because they had been placed in Slytherin, when she had been directed towards Ravenclaw. Slytherins aren't evil... Even if the track record with her family as Slytherins said otherwise. But her brothers were guilty of one ultimate flaw: they didn't care about the Death Eaters. And maybe Laurel was being paranoid, maybe she was looking too deep when the group weren't causing mass destruction, but the point still stood. Her brothers, like her mum and her dad, didn't care. Because it wouldn't affect them, and they knew it, so it wasn't their concern.

     Even now, with her big brother Aster missing since August, her parents refused to acknowledge the climate. The whole Ministry did the same; Aster Crouch was missing, and if he wasn't dead, or a Death Eater, they must have taken him. But the whole thing was swept under the rug. In two years time her dad's running for Minister, imagine how quickly that would tank if his son was associated with Death Eaters. Sure, they weren't hurting many, but news of dead muggles were cropping up enough that it would be a slight concern come campaigning.

     Another thing that kept them on separate sides of the coin was their way to decipher situations. Laurel, ever the genius, picked it apart, like someone dissecting a heart. She collected the information, and then went to collect even more, until she figured out what to do.