v. Save a Seat

five save a seat

🦋

     WEEKENDS WERE FOR EXTRA READING, according to Laurel Crouch... Or at least they were, until her big brother went missing without a trace. Now, she's hidden herself away in an empty classroom — classes have been thinning out over the past couple years, parents not wanting to risk their children getting hurt (they've been predicting a Death Eater for years) — with her notebook on the whole situation. Funnily enough her brother got this as a Christmas present. Beige leather with gold initials: L.E.C. Laurel Estelle Crouch.

     But this weekend provided some variety; her dad came up to visit. Her mum's poorly — she gets that way a lot — so only her dad managed to visit. Barty Jr. didn't care to join them, though: "I'm not wasting my Saturday with that old prat," were his words. Laurel didn't comment.

     They ate lunch together, in the upstairs room in The Three Broomsticks. It's a private room, normally used when the Minister or whatever come to visit the school, and want somewhere to go. It's quieter than downstairs.

     It was weird when she got here, though. Her dad used the Floo Network to get there so she walked into Hogsmeade on her own, wearing her most capable looking outfit — or at least, her most Barty Crouch Sr. approved outfit. A dark blue corduroy mini skirt, unbuttoned once at the top so she can pull it down, making it longer. Black tights and turtleneck, because it's nearing winter. And then a coat, long and black and down to her mid-thighs. She hated being self-conscious of her clothes because of what her dad would say, but she tried to ignore that thought. She was meant to feel empowered. She prided herself on this shit, she can't let it go down the drain because her dad would disapprove!

     Laurel wasn't super into clothes, though. She appreciated its value in the world and she liked the clothes she wore, but it wasn't her thing. She knew there were some people, where their entire world revolved around it, but it wasn't for her. She liked to look nice (her parents taught her this from a young age) but that was that. Dress to impress.