iii. The Riot Act

three the riot act

🦋

     TWO DAYS INTO TERM, AND LAUREL was waiting for the moment Sirius sat her down, and presented to her an elaborate plan about her and Remus. Apparently he was over the moon, when he found out that Laurel had gone to the library with Remus after dinner the first night. She thought he was being stupid. There had been times, before this, where Laurel couldn't find a table in the library, so she'd sit with Remus... It's just like that... If you ignore the fact that he invited her there... And Laurel was pretty good at ignoring stuff, so.

     But, fifteen minutes into lunch, and Laurel was yet to spot Sirius. Or any of the marauders, for that fact. At one point, she could've sworn she saw him, but eventually the person turned around, and it was just a Hufflepuff. After that, Laurel decided it was no good looking out for him, so she returned to helping Roman with the Muggle Studies homework.

     "Okay, so what's the answer to this?" asked Roman, her eyes squinting in confusion as she read the question over. "Hell, how do you even pronounce that word?"

     "Do you remember that lesson at the end of last term, with the presentation of muggles making films? You know, motion pictures? Similar to our pictures, only films are longer and have sound?" she responded, to which Roman looked even more dumbfounded. Laurel pursed her lips. "Well, the answer's the second option. And the answer to the next question is director."

     Roman nodded, scribbling the answers down. Her eyebrow rose as she looked up at Laurel. "And what's the last question? Option three?"

     "Nope. First."

     Laurel didn't know why Roman took Muggle Studies in the first place, if she was just going to ask Laurel for the answers... Oh.

     "You know what," said Roman. "I actually hate these bloody lessons—"