4

I woke up to my alarm and got ready for school. I changed into jeans and a white t-shirt that said, "Never Mind" on the left corner above my boob.

I slipped on my converse and grabbed my bag and my phone. I headed out the door locking it and walked to my car.

Once I walked into the school doors people looked and me and started whispering. I just ignored it and walked to my first period class.

Lia wasn't here yet so I just went all the way to the back and sat in a seat. I pulled out my phone because school didn't start for another 5 minutes.

In the corner of my eye, I notice someone sit next to me. I look up and it was Cameron. Great. He smiled at me and I just looked back at my phone screen.

"No sorry and no smile back?"

I just ignored him and took out my notebook and pencil. I put my phone down and seen Lia walk into the room. She noticed Cameron sitting next to me and gave me a confused look.

She walked over to me and sat at the row of seats that were next to me. The teacher started the class. She was writing on the board so I grabbed my phone and put it under the desk.

I texted her explaining everything and she understood. I put my phone down and listened to the teacher.

The whole class period Cameron tried to talk to me, but I just either ignored him or told him I couldn't talk.

Lunch soon came and me and Lia just talked. We heard that in p.e. we would have to do a partner dance with someone in our class period.

We have to construct a dance routine based off of the type of dance our teachers give us and perform it at the end of the school year.

We have to take this serious because I guess some judges or dancers from Dancing With The Stars are coming to watch our final performances.

I'm okay with it because I know how to dance. When I was younger I took dance classes for fun.

Tomorrow our class is getting our partners.

"When I was younger I had someone teach me how to dance a little too!"

Lia and I just talked about whatever until lunch was over.

*****

Cameron

Damn, Stella is smoking hot. She's like every guys dream girl. I honestly want her to be my partner for the dance. I want to get to know her better and maybe some day make her mine.

Stop dreaming Cam. She don't like you. Obviously.

*****

(Next day in P.E. class)

Stella

The whole class was in the gym sitting on the bleachers while Mrs. Hernandez was walking around with her clip board in her hands.

"You guys excited to find out who your partner are for the dance!?"

The group of guys hollered and cheered.

"Well when you get your partner you will have to learn how to communicate with him or her. There's no changing partners. Whoever you get is final."

I turned to Lia and seen that she was a little nervous. I couldn't blame her because so was I.

"Emily and Erick, Lana and Aaron..."

The list went on and on until there was only Sammy, Cameron, Lia, this other girl, some other boy, and I left.

"Lexi and Ben, Sammy and Cecilia, and lastly, Cameron and Stella"

Lord help me. Some of the girls were mad because I had him, but what I'm thinking is "be my guest you can have him!"

"Shoot me now Lia"

"What!? At least you don't have a perv!" She whispered to me.

We laughed a little and prayed that we wouldn't strangle the boys later on when dancing.

"Okay, now that you know your partners you guys will get the type of dance you will be dancing to!" She spoke loud so that we all could hear her clearly.

"I'm going to point to you and say what you have! Oh, and to make this easier can you please find a spot and sit by your partner. Thank you"

Lia and I stayed where we were and the boys came and sat by us.

"You can't ignore me anymore since we're partners now, princess" Cameron said to me.

Princess? "I know, I know"

The teacher pointed to everyone and said what they were dancing to. Finally, she got to us and said we're doing the Cha Cha.

"I already know how to move my hips the questions is do you know how to?"

I looked at him and smirked.

"A little, I do need some work"

"So, since we are half way into the school year you guys have a lot of time. So I expect you all to have amazing dances. This counts as your whole grade for the year"

"Can I have your number so we can discuss more outside of school about the dance?"

I gave him my number and the teacher excused us all from class and to change.

*****

Once I got home, I watched some Cha Cha dances from online. This dance has you working hard I swear.

I also watched some dancers from Dancing With The Stars and oh my lord they are amazing.

I honestly am part Puerto Rican and the other half white. I get the PR from my mom and white from my dad. I guess my dad liked my mom's curves. Just kidding but I don't know I never see my parents anymore.

I was knocked out of my thoughts by my phone beeping.

From unknown number:
Aye, it's Cameron

I quickly saved and changed his contact name to Him.

Him:
I was wondering if I can come over or you come over to my house so we can discuss the dance?

Me:
You can come over to mine whenever (adress)

Him:
I'll be there in 30

I didn't text back I just went to my closet and changed into some grey sweats and black crop top that only shows a little bit of my stomach.

I put my hair in a high ponytail. I had like 10 minutes so I walked down to my kitchen with my phone in hand. I grabbed a bottle of water and sat on my couch watching tv.

The door bell went off signaling that Cameron was here. I got up and opened the door.

"Well hello Stella" He said with that smirk.

"Hey, come in" I moved out the way so he could come in.

"Nice house" He said while looking around.

"Thanks"