Chapter 6: Lies

*Nikki's POV *
Ian thinks he could get away from me that easily. Well no one get away from me easily after breaking my heart. I have to find a way to hurt him just like he hurt me. I left Ian's house and drove to a park. I need some air now. I sat in one of the seats there and looked around. There were green trees all around me. People talking together, and kids playing around.

I hated children and babies. They are so annoying. I've  never considered being a parent and I will never want a child, but Ian always talked about having a child. He loves kids. Suddenly my phone started ringing. It was, Lucy, my best friend.
"Hello?" I said
"Hey Nikki, guess what?" She asked excitedly
" I'm not in the mood Lucy, what is it?" I asked rolling my eyes
"Fine. I was feeling sick for the past couple of weeks , so I decided to see a doctor and he told me IM PREGNANT!" She shouted the last part which my ear explode. Wow I was just thinking about kids, what a coincidence.
"Wow... Um congratulations!" I said trying to sound happy for her which I am not!
"Thank you. I told James and he is so happy about it!" She said happily " let's meet for an ice cream please I'm kind of craving it" she said
"Okay meet you at the cafe in 15 minutes,bye" I said and hung up

I sat there just thinking about my life after what felt like 5 minutes I grabbed my bag and drove to the cafe to meet with Lucy. I reached there and saw Lucy sitting in our normal seats. I walked towards her and hugged her
"Congratulations!" I said to her
"Thank you, I already ordered our ice cream, I knew we were going to order the usual."
"Thanks, so how is the pregnancy going on" I asked acting like I care.
"It's great, oh that reminds me here you go" she said handing me a photo
"What is it?"
"It's an ultrasound the doctor printed 3 copies of it. One for James and I and the other two are for you and my parents" she said
"Wow thank you" I said putting it in my bag.

After hours of talking and catching up I was driving and an idea popped in my head. I decided to drive back to Ian's house. It's already 9 o'clock so he might be home. I knocked on the door and waited for him to open the door. He finally opened the door and said
"What are you doing here?" He asked in confusion
"I have something... to tell you. It's ... important." I said innocently. Perks of being an actress.
"Okay, you can come in " he said "do you need anything... Water or anything"
"Water would be great . Thank you" I said as he left to get me some water. I made my way to the living room and sat on the couch. He came back with a cup of water and sat down across of me.
"So what is it that you had to tell me ?" He said
"I have no idea how to say this..." I started "I'm ... I'm preg... Pregnant" I finally let it out. It's not really hard to lie at Ian. After all I'm an actress so...
"You're what? Whose baby is it?" He asked shocked
"Ian I didn't sleep with anyone other than you while we were dating. I don't need any of your money and if you don't want to be in the babies life I understand" I acted innocently "I'm really sorry for acting that way with Nina. I really am" not.
"Are you kidding me? All I ever wanted was a child of mine and ...I forgive you" he said the last part hesitatingly
"So does that mean ... we are back together?" I pretended to be shy
"Y..yes" he said looking at the ground
"Oh and here is the ultrasound I'm a almost 3 months long" I said handing him Lucy's ultrasound.
"Oh ... my ... god ... Um ...wow ..." He stuttered. I could tell he is very happy.
My plan is to make him believe that I'm pregnant, use him , then tell him that it's all a lie of course.

* Ian's POV *
Oh my god, I'm going to be a father. I can't even think about anything right now. I'm just staring at the ultrasound, tears of happiness rolling down my cheeks. I can't wait to share the news with every one. Oh my god what about Nina, and what about my parents. They will tell me I have to marry Nikki first. Oh god. I was going to propose to her a few weeks ago, but when she started treating Nina badly I couldn't take it anymore. I still have the ring, so why not ask her. I ran upstairs to my room, opened the drawer and there it was. I took it and went downstairs.
"Um... Nikki?" I started
"Yes?"
"When my parents know about you being pregnant with my baby they would want us to get married, this is the worst way of asking you this, I know but will you marry me?" I asked as I went down on one knee.
"YES!" She screamed happily. I put the ring in her finger and kissed her.

After an hour of deciding on when will the wedding be, I called Paul.
"Hey Paul, how are you doing?" I asked
"Great, You ?"
"I honestly don't what to do" I said sitting in the living room. Nikki wanted to go to sleep, so I let her.
"Oh god, what did you do?"
"I proposed to her" I said
"Oh my god, that's is amazing buddy what did Nina say ?" He asked
"It's ... It's not Nina that I proposed to."
"Please don't tell me it's Nikki"
"It is, what was I supposed to do when she came in my house and told me that she is pregnant?" I asked putting my head in my hands
"You're going to be a father, wow congratulations man. How are you taking the news?" He said
"I'm extremely happy about the baby, but ... I'm kind of not that happy of proposing to Nikki. I had to propose to her it's not like I wanted to you know my parents" I said keeping my voice down scared that by any chance she would hear me.
"I also know that you parents don't like her. I know they love Nina like their own daughter"
"I don't know what to do"
"I seriously don't know what to tell you other than good luck" he said "I've got to go phoebe is calling me, see you tomorrow"
"Okay, see you tomorrow" I said and I hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
I wish for you : a jolly Jan, a fantastic Feb, a mesmerizing March, an awesome April, a magnetic May, a joyful June and July, an amazing August, a superb September, an onus-less October, a never to forget November and a dynamic December- Happy New Year!

I'm sorry about the late update. After my exams I got really sick. I couldn't even get out of bed. I'm sorry, and I know this isn't the best chapter, but I tried making it interesting. Again I'm so sorry about the late update I will try and update faster. Thank you a lot for reading my book.