Chapter 10: Home Alone With...

*Nina's POV*

I was walking through the airport, when a women my age came rushing to me. she looked scared and worried. Tears were streaming down her face.
"Excuse me miss, ?" She asked me.
"Yes" I said in a soft voice.
"Are you going to Bulgaria? "
"Yes" I said slightly confused. She looked relieved.
"Can we switch tickets, I just got a call from my family telling me my son just got into a car accident, and he is seriously injured. I asked many other people, but I haven't found anyone going to Bulgaria. My flight is tomorrow night and I can't wait till then. Please"

"Hey... It's okay. Of course we can switch. I hope your son is okay. And here if you need anything, just call me." I gave her my ticket and my number in a piece of paper and she gave me her ticket. "Have a safe flight. Stay positive, okay?" I said hugging her.
"Thank you so much..."
"Nina"
"It's nice to meet you Nina, my name is Susan. Thank you so much. I owe so much" she gave me another hug and started crying on my shoulder.
"It's okay, he will be fine." I said rubbing her back softly. We part and an electronic voice calls over the speaker, "Flight to Bulgaria, gates are opening."
"Thank you, bye" she said waving her hand and leaving
"Bye, have a safe flight" I said

I started thinking where should I go. I couldn't go home because I had a feeling that Ian might check there first and I don't want to face him now. So I kept on thinking about where to go, until an idea popped in my head.

Maybe I can go to the house Ian and I shared together. I might want to relive the memories once again before I leave. I still had the key, it's hanging around my neck, with a locket that had A picture of Ian and I, like a necklace. I took a taxi and went there.

I get out of the taxi and walk up to the door. My heart was beating so fast. I took a deep breath and opened the door. As I walked in and turned on the lights, I observed the place. Nothing changed about this place, it's the same as I last left it.

I left my bag next to the door and the keys on the table next to it. I walked around the house enjoying my time. Suddenly I felt tired and sleepy, so I went to sleep on the bed in Ian's and my bedroom. I can smell his scent like he is right next to me. I laid down in bed and let the sleep take over me.

I woke up hours later, feeling very hungry. So I ordered some pizza and drinks. I eat and then went to the grocery store to get somethings for the house and the kitchen, cause it empty. After a couple of hours of watching tv and walking around the house. I heard a car parking outside.

Who might that be I thought. I looked out the window and saw Ian's car outside. How did he know I was here I thought to myself. I looked at myself through the mirror, brushed my hair then went down stairs. Suddenly I saw Ian rushing in with tear streams down his face.
"Nina" he said looking at me like he saw a ghost.
"H...hi, Ian. Wha... What... are you doing here?" I asked nervously looking to him.
"I just needed...to go somewhere and I didn't want to go home so..."
"Would you... Um... like to eat or drink something?" I asked awkwardly
"Sure...tea would be great." He said uncomfortably. I started walking to the kitchen and boil some water.
"Nina...I read the... Letter. Um... Did you mean any of it?" He asked scratching the back of his head nervously.
"I...I... Of course I meant what I wrote, that was I am traveling to avoid awkwardness and to avoid problems between you and Nikki." I said the last part under my breath while I started making two cups of tea "Look, I love you and I will always love you, but I also want you to be happy even if I'm not the reason for that. Nikki is having your baby, I know you've always wanted a baby and Nikki is there to give you what you want. The baby will need you in his/ her life. I get why you love her. I mean... She is pretty, kind, talented, etc." I said looking straight into his beautiful blue eyes.

I can feel some tears in my eyes that wanted to burst out so I turned around and pour the tea into two cups when he started speaking.
"I don't love her" he said straight away. I chuckle
"Then why did you propose to her?" I asked handing him the cup of tea
"You know my mom, if she find out I got her pregnant before proposing, she would freak out.... I had no other choice" he said looking down at his tea. "But I do love another women" he said looking at me. Now that broke my heart. I looked at my cup like it was the most interesting thing at the moment.

"It's.... You. I love you, Nina" Ian says softly. I was speechless. I wanted to tell him I love him too but I can't ruin a child's life. Their baby would live without a dad next to him everyday. I can't do that

"I....I... We can't, Ian. You're having a child. You should be with your baby and your wife" I said. It hurt me to say that. All I wanted was to tell him I love him and kiss him.

He looked down to his cup and took a deep breath in and out. Suddenly, he stood up and started walking slowly to the living room. He went a looked around. He opened the cabin next to the tv, took something out, and sat on the ground.

It was a box. I remember that box, it had all our pictures together there and some other things we shared. I walked over to him and sat next to him on the ground.

We went through every single photo, necklaces, and souvenirs we shared together. All those memories were happy. I couldn't keep the smile off my face, it was just like old times. We couldn't stop staring at each other.

Suddenly we started leaning towards each other until our lips collided. My heart was beating so fast and hard that I think Ian can hear my heart beat. At first it was gentle, but then I felt his tongue run across my bottom lip and I opened my mouth to let our tongues explore each others mouths. He ran his fingers through my hair and pulled me closer, but I pulled away remembering the I'm leaving tomorrow and this would hurt us.

We kept our foreheads together.
"We can't do this, Ian. I'm leaving tomorrow and this would hurt us and plus you have a fiancée."
"Please Nina only this time. I've missed you and I will miss you when you leave. I love you, Nina. I love you so much, but I know that I have to be there for my child. But please I need this." He looked at me with those pleading eyes.

"I love you, too." I said and smiled. I leaned in and kissed him again. "Okay" I said as I pulled away. He smiled so excitedly and suddenly stood up and carried me. I squealed and started laughing as he continued carrying to our bed room. And you all know what happened after that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope this chapter makes up for my late update. I'm sorry for the late update. I love you all. I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Please vote and comment what you think I should do next.
Love,
Criminal_Ray