11. The Family's Treasures || pt2

"What?" you were slightly shocked. "They were after this?!" You raised your voice.

Dante glanced to his sides, "Calm down (Y/n)."

You blinked a few times and glanced towards the ground, "Sorry."

"Look. We'll investigate more and you just stay put. DO NOT engage yourself into battles alone or even acts on your own. You hear?" Dante warned as he points his index finger towards you.

Sighing, you nodded in return. BUT, what he doesn't know is, everything that you heard from him earlier was just a story for you to hear but not an order for you to follow.

Dante and Vergil continued their investigations and you went back to Dante's office.

. .. . .. . .. .

Plopping yourself onto the couch, your minds couldn't stop thinking of what to do next. Although there's only one thing that creeps up in your mind; find the demons, beat them and kill if they don't cooperate.

"Are you alright?" a voice spoke and you gasped as you jumped away from the couch, pulling your gun that rested on the table in front of you.

"Whoaa... Relax. It's me," you saw Nero smirking as he stands with his hands up in the air.

"Nero.." you said.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to do that," he chuckled a little.
Sitting back onto the couch, he joined you and looked at you.

"I'm fine. But a little bit tired," you answered.

"Have a rest will ya? I heard of what happened. I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to help?" Nero asked without looking away from you.

You turned to face him and sighed, "I.."

You remembered Dante telling you to NOT act on your own. But how can you? This is your brother! You need to find him before he...die.

"There is one thing.." you said as your expression hardens.

[][][][][]

"Come on V. Don't tell me you're scared," Dante chuckled and taunted Vergil as they fought through countless demons.

"Shut your mouth or I will make them," Vergil scowled.

Easily fending off the demons, both of them shoot the remaining two demons that were standing on the opposite of their sides. Standing back-to-back, they halted and smirks in victory.

"I'd say, I scored 145," Dante smirks and turned towards Vergil, spinning his guns in his hands.

Vergil turned to face Dante. Before he speaks, one of his summoned swords appeared and flew towards Dante. He managed to avoid it a few inches away and turned quickly. That's when he saw a demon turning into dusts.

"And that makes mine officially 146," Vergil smirks back.

"Tch. Fuck this," Dante frowned and crossed his arms.

"That was quite impressive," a voice chuckles and appears right in front of them.

They both quickly glanced towards the appearing figure in a calm manner.

"Betting while your little friend is dying?" it chuckled again. "How sweet."

"So, is this your way of saying 'hi' to someone whom you just met? Introducing your weak little barbarians towards us?" Dante chuckled.

"No," the figure looked like it scowled at Dante's sarcasm. "I'd say it is my way of crushing you down into complete ashes!"

In a split of seconds, another huge demon rose from beneath the (now) cracked ground and growled. Before its figure was completely shown, someone jumped in front of it and shot at it. Dante and Vergil were stunned. They saw Nero smirking towards the demon and his Devil Bringer glows as he pulled the demon away from the ground. Chuckling, he threw it in the mid air and another figure flew in, slicing it with a two-handed swords. Landing with two feet, the hooded figure was shocked.