12. The Vampire Hunter

Reader Chance by : @Shadowwolf20  [*Credit goes to her for giving out the Story's short/simple summary*]

*Okaaaaayy, here we go... One long 'I-don't-know-if-it's-good' chapter coming through~~ x) *

~~

The moon shone brightly, lighting up the town in the middle of the night. The sound of a woman's heels click-clacked in a rush along the empty streets. She panted heavily with widened eyes, panic washing over her face. She screamed for help but people were already asleep or some were even afraid of opening their doors to aid her. Knocking down over a few bins aligned along the streets, she yelled again but unfortunately, nobody heard or cared for her. Suddenly, a dark figure stood in front of her and loomed over her shuddering figure, causing her to fell onto her bum. Her medium long, black hair was slightly messy and covered in sweats. Her voice was caught in her throat as the figure's shadow hovered on top of her body. She wanted to scream but unfortunately, she was silenced and her blood spatters along the wall.

[][]The next day[][]

"Come on, Dante..." you whined. "Pleaaasee...?" you begged, gritting your teeth in front of the lazy, white haired demon hunter.

"(Y/n), babe.." Dante crossed his arms as he leaned against the pool table, hugging the cue stick tight in his embrace. "I can't let you do this mission alone."

Dante sounded like he's your father. You pouted and landed your stomach first onto his couch.

"But I want to do it..." you mumbled as your face buries into the soft cushion. Waiting for his response, you pushed your body upward and peek over the couch, pouting and looking at Dante's figure.

He sighed, "What do you think V?" He turned to his twin brother who's currently sitting on the other, single couch and cleaning out Yamato.

"All the victims are females and they recently had bite marks on their neck. They are basically those who are still....young. Just like you," Vergil answered without glancing away from his beloved sword.

You groaned and sat on the couch, "And you're saying you're not young?"

"..Females (Y/n).. Females," Dante continued as he points his finger towards you.

You heaved a sigh and leaned yourself on the couch, propping your legs up.

"So?" you asked.

"Female victims; young, beautiful and bite marks?" Dante smirked as he shot the remaining ball on the pool table. As the ball went into the side pocket, he stood straight and glared at you. "Who knows whether vampires exist or not..."

You averted your eyes towards the slightly messy floor and think to yourself while Vergil stood, putting back Yamato onto his desk.

"(Y/n), your safety is well guaranteed if you stay with us," Dante smirked.

"How safe am I? I'm surrounded by two weird, single male twins who are half demons with a creepy hobby and attitude," you raised an eyebrow.

"Aww come on babe. WE aren't that bad," Dante chuckled.

You rolled your eyes and groaned in annoyance as you pushed yourself away from the couch.

"Whatever. I'm going back to my apartment," you waved.

"But Zack's not even home," Dante raised his eyebrows.

"I don't care. I'm a hunter," you stopped and glanced at Dante to your side.