Fighting with Dayl.

You sighed heavily, throwing your boyfriend's dirty laundry into a basket as you attempted to pick up the bedroom and tidy. You loved Dayl dearly, but he could be a right mess to live with sometimes, and you were getting tired of always having to clean up after him. Dirty clothes all over the bedroom floor, dishes all around the house, and his 'man-cave' (your spare room that held a couch and his Playstation 4) was always a tip.

"Y/N? Babe, I'm home!"

You shook your head, throwing the basket to the ground in frustration as you heard Dayl's voice ringing out throughout the house. Angrily, you marched out to the front door to meet him, a scowl on your face. He frowned as he saw your expression, expecting that you'd be happy to see him.

"What's the matter? Have I said something?", he started.

"Dayl, you're a pig, that's what the matter is!"

"What? What are you even on about?"

You threw your hands up in the air, staring up at the ceiling as you tried not to let your anger explode on him immediately. Taking a deep breath, you looked at him, your eyes narrowing as they met with his.

"You honestly do nothing to even try and clean up after yourself! I'm not your maid, and I'm certainly not your mother, so I don't know why you act as if I am, but I'm tired of it!"

His cheeks turned red as he shook his head, throwing his keys down onto the table as he set his bag down on the floor.

"I just got in the door from work! What the hell is this all about? I'm sorry I'm not a well-trained boyfriend? If I'm such a pig, why do you stay? Why haven't you left me yet? You'd obviously be better off without me, and I know I'd be better off without you moaning all the time!"

Speechless, you turned away, walking quickly into the bedroom. You grabbed your suitcase and an overnight bag from the closet and began packing, but Dayl ran after you, realising what he had said.

"Babe, wait, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that!"

"If you didn't mean it, you wouldn't have said it. You're right, you'd be better without me."

Dayl shook his head, reaching out to gently grab your wrist as you packed a few clothes into the suitcase. You gently tugged away from his grip, keeping your eyes focused on what you were doing. Not wanting to give up that easily, Dayl snaked his arm around your waist, burying his face into your neck as he spoke, his voice cracking slightly as he began to cry.

"Please don't leave me, baby. You know that I love you, right? I didn't mean what I said about me being better without you, b-but sometimes I really do think you'd be better without me."

He stopped, his nose gently against your neck as he took a breath, breathing in the smell of your perfume, his hand gently stroking your hair. If this was his last chance to hug you, he wanted to make the most of it.

"Dayl, I-I know that you love me, but it doesn't always feel like you do, it doesn't feel like you appreciate me at all."

He frowned, looking up at you as he spoke softly, shaking his head, "I-I'll do whatever it takes to prove to you that you mean the world to me, as long as it means that I can keep you in my life. I honestly don't think I could ever cope without you, Y/N."

Hesitant to give in, you paused, nodding your head slowly before looking at him, "One chance, Dayl. That's it. Please don't make me regret it."

"I won't, Princess. I promise that."