Shattering Perspective

"You could be my hero. If only I could let go. But his love is still in me. Like a broken arrow."  

- 'Broken Arrow' by Pixie Lott

I wake up the sound of a pan being hit violently onto my stove.

'She's upset.'

I groan, he gave me several hours without his taunting thoughts.

'If she is it's all your fault. You're the one who left her.'

'Why do you always blame me when anything goes wrong in your life?'

The loud banging comes again, this time with the sound of smashing glass.

'Please go and take of Cassandra, Jonathan. I'm not fond of what comes out her mouth when she's upset.'

'Don't indirectly threaten her.'

'Is that what you think I'm doing? If I'm going to threaten anyone, you would know. When she's upset she's annoying, like you are when I had to listen for a year your pity parties about missing her.'

I roll my eyes, and roll over so that my back is pressed up against the mattress.

'I'm going to have to take back over later. Do you wish it to be now or later?'

"Just shut up," I order Scarecrow. The banging coming from the kitchen stops.

'Great now she thinks it was her you're referring to.'

'She'll know it's you.'

I grab my glasses from the table getting up and walking slowly into the kitchen. Cassandra stands in a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and a navy fitted sweater. I watch her, knowing that I came out without a sound. My heart starts to pound and my hands start to shake.

'I thought you were over this?'

Her hips move in time to music that is playing from her IPhone on the counter, she carries the tune softly, even though she knows I'm awake she must think...

"He's bad isn't he?" Cassandra pauses, when I don't answer she speaks again, "I don't get what kind of Fear Toxin was it. How is it any different then how you want to make the Mistress of Fear?" She turns to me, an impassive look gracing her beautiful face.

I blink for a moment, trying to collect my thoughts.

'Want me to explain it to her? It would make sense to start the morning off with all of us. Just like a family.'

"The fear toxin for Gotham was more for bringing out small imperfections in each person's mind and exploding it. The Mistress of Fear is very different, yes you exploit the fear but you are able be conquer enough to battle and overcome it."

Her mouth parts a little bit, "Why didn't you tell me that yesterday?"

'Ha. I knew that's why we were sexually attracted to that other girl. You were never one for red heads.'

'You would have sex with anyone female if you were given the chance.'

'You would notice that my sex drive for other women has diminished since you've been with Cassandra.'

"Why are you working with the White Queen?" I ask her, crossing my arms over my chest.

'To find us.'