Reciprocating

Summary:
Clarke returns tense after working with rehabilitating Reapers, and Lexa decided it's time to return the favor Clarke did for her.

--------------------------------------
Clarke groaned as she stumbled into Lexa's room, eager for sleep.

Rehabilitating the Reapers was proving to be quite the task, and after they'd destroyed the remaining "Red" from Mount Weather, a few of the patients were growing antsy.

Lexa was there when she entered, sitting at her desk.

"What's wrong?" she asked, immediately catching on to the blonde's mood.

"Nothing," Clarke muttered. "Just having some trouble with the Reapers."

Lexa stood, striding over to her and gently taking Clarke's messenger bag, lowering it to the ground. "You need to relax," she whispered, lifting her hand to softly hold the girl's jacket's zipper, trailing it downwards slowly.

"What are you doing?" Clarke asked quietly.

The ends of the jacket fell open, and Lexa lifted her hands to rent the clothing further, easing it down the blonde's arms. "I'm going to help you relax," she breathed, leaning into Clarke's ear.

The girl in question gasped slightly, her breathing coming out in uneven sputters. "What do you mean?" she whispered.

Lexa's lips tilted upward in a mischievous smile. "Just repaying the favor," she promised, playing with the hem of Clarke's tank top. Her eyes trailed downwards, flowing over the Sky girl's body appreciatively. When at last she met her eyes again, Lexa smirked. "A massage."

Clarke's eyebrows drew together. "A mas-- Oh. Oh, I mean, yeah. Of course." What else would she have meant? she chided herself mentally.

The Commander's smile widened and her teeth peeked out. It looked almost... predatory. "Go lie on the bed," she said sternly, arms and gaze leaving Clarke's body at once. "I have to collect some things." She paused, casting a gaze back at the blonde. "Make sure you take off your shirt."

Clarke's heart must have stopped. It must have. Choking out a laugh, she nodded, unable to speak.

And Lexa left, giving her a moment to breathe.

Holy hell... I just imagined that, didn't I? She wasn't... coming on to me, was she?

Trying to contain her anxiety (and excitement), she pulled her shirt off and lay face down on Lexa's bed.

She'd been sharing the room with Lexa ever since the Mountain Men assassins. Lexa claimed she could protect them both, and that it would be stupid to waste the resources of having two guards for two rooms. Despite the fact that there weren't any more Mountain Men, Lexa still insisted it would save resources if they remained together. And Clarke wasn't about to argue. She agreed, but insisted on sleeping on the ground, not wanting to put her host out.

But the bed was surprisingly comfortable. It seemed almost like a nest. Feathers had been collected and contained with cloth, making a messy mattress, and fur was thrown atop that. Various different skins adorned the bed, each with a different texture. The mix-match of sensations on her naked flesh made Clarke shiver as she descended.

Lexa returned a moment later.

"Nyko gave me this," she explained. "It is an oil mixed with some plants." The girl held out the small dish to Clarke's face for her to examine.

Clarke sniffed, eyebrows rising. "That smells like vanilla."

"We traded it with some southern traders," Lexa muttered. "The people like it in their drinks. But some rub it on their skin. I thought you might, too."