Locker Room Shenanigans

Summary:

#Clexa AU// Lexa and Clarke are both high school athletes forced to share a locker room senior year. Pranks ensue, but also, something else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lexa is a senior in high school. She's captain of the soccer team, has stellar grades, and a new girl on her body almost every night.

Clarke is also a senior in high school. She's captain of the rugby team, with a 4.0 GPA, and hasn't hooked up with anyone since her boyfriend Finn cheated on her junior year.  

//

It's the first day of the season. Both the soccer team and the rugby team have put in long hours of work over the summer, training and tryouts, cuts and new cleats. Lexa and Clarke relish in the fact that it's their senior year, they both think they're going to be the ones to finally lead their team to a championship title.

Lexa's leg bounces impatiently under her desk in trig class as she counts down the seconds to the last bell, eager to change into her soccer gear.

Clarke absentmindedly doodles in her sketch book, glad to have taken a study hall as her last period of the day. Being the beginning of the school year, she's relieved to be free of homework for the time being, and she doesn't take it for granted.

When the final bell finally rings, Lexa bolts from her desk and practically sprints out the door to her locker to grab her gear before skipping, literally skipping, to the secluded locker room at the far end of the school. Lexa's mom dating the school's Athletic Director has it's perks (gross as it is. not that she's ever home to witness it, anyway).

Clarke is in no rush as she gathers her sketchbook and backpack, making her way conveniently to her locker outside her study hall, and gathering her stuff for the first rugby practice of the season -- her last season in high school. No one was surprised to see her make varsity as a freshman, Clarke never one to back down from a fight, and growing up with three older brothers, she was used to the rough play of the game.

She walks through the school unsure. She's been going here for four years and has never been down this hallway where the new locker room is supposedly located. With the expansion of the field hockey program at Polis High School, the rugby team was forced to move to a new locker room.

Clarke bristled at the thought. Just because they haven't won a title yet doesn't mean they should be forced aside, they were just as much a team as any other sport there. This was the year she was going to change everything, she was sure of it.

Clarke's brow crinkles as she turns down the hallway and hears loud music blasting from the locker room. She spots her team sitting around the door looking panicked.

"What's going on?" Clarke asks Octavia, her co-captain and best friend since Kindergarten.

"The soccer team locked us out. They keep saying it's their locker room," Octavia responds.

Clarke purses her lips, and everyone knows she means business, "Not on my watch," she grits. 

The team watches curiously as Clarke bangs furiously on the door. The soccer team doesn't seem to hear over their loud, annoying music, so Clarke bangs again, finally getting a response as a tall girl with beautiful tan skin, unworldly green eyes, and long brown hair opens the door, equally as annoyed as Clarke.

"Can I help you," she asks, eyeing Clarke up and down with a harsh glare.

"Yeah, you can move aside so my team can get into the locker room," Clarke says, meeting the girl's glare with her own.