Chapter Five

I run to my room, and cry myself to sleep, no one comes up to see me.

I dream of meeting the Prince, he is dashing, his Brown floppy hair and light brown eyes, he's a dream, literally.

Then in my dream, the Prince picks me up and throws me out of the castle. All the other girls laughing at my torn outfit.

I wake up the next morning with puffy red eyes. Miss Baker looks at me, "I'm sure he'll like you just fine, Emmica. Probably just a bad picture." She smiles.

I hear a knocking at the door, a man in a blue military suit looks me over, "You are Miss Emmica Rose Waven?"

I nod, "Yes, can I help you?"

He smiles, "I'm here to take you to the palace miss."

"Now?"

He chuckles, "Yes now"

"Okay, I'll get my stuff"

I say goodbye to Meg and Miss Baker and off to a new life, guarded by a man in a blue military suit.

I am on a flight by myself, no other girls to keep me company.

When I reach the airport in the capital, there is no one to greet me, Just a lonely team of maids to carry my one bag of things from home.

I am ushered into a room full of girls, I see the girl from Carolina, Margot of think her name was.

A group of maids put my into a chair, "So Miss Emmica, What would you like done today?"

"Um, can you just, like braid my hair?" I question.

The maid smiles, "Of course Miss Emmica!"

The maid braids a Dutch braid into my hair. I touch the back of my head and gasp.

The maid has a worried look on her face, "Do you not like it Miss?"

My mouth hangs open, "I love it!"

The maid sighs in relief, "Okay off you go then, I'll take you to your room and you can get settled in" she smiles brightly as she leads me through a maze of hallways until we reach my room.

"Thank you" I say, she nods.

The sky has turned black and there is a white saucer moon hanging in the sky.

All of a sudden a piercing alarm goes off, it's probably a fire drill. So I quickly walked outside. The air was crisp and cool. Then I noticed a movement in the bushes, I heard a loud shot and felt a rush of pain in my stomach area.

I fell over and began to car back to the door. I saw a ragty man walking towards me, I continued to back away.

Then there was a slam as the door opened and a boy came out and slammed into the man.

I didn't care anymore, all I wanted to do was sleep, my breathing was becoming more and more shallow. I'm going to die tonight was the first thing that came to mind.

I lay on the ground when I felt a pair of strong arms pick me up, "I've got you now, your safe" a voice murmured.

I heard a click and swoosh, like opening a window.

I opened my eyes to see nothing, I began to cry. I could feel the blood soaking the dress the maids had helped me put on.

"Shh, your safe now." A light turned on and I saw Prince Adam.

"Pr-pri-prince A-adam?"

He chuckled, "Nope! I'm Prince Carter. Leave it to my twin to look so similar to me!"

I let out a sign, "I-I've b-been s-sh-shot!"

"Oh!" Prince Carter looked at the bullet hole in my abdomen, "Don't worry, I take care of it, Just don't fall asleep. Why don't you tell me your name?"

"E-Emmica, my names Emmica"

Prince Carter smiled, "Okay Emmicia, you can call me C."

"Okay, C" After the adrenaline in my system wore off, I really felt the pain of my wound.

I cried, and the Prince came over and patches up my abdomen. Then he just wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.

"You're gonna be okay Em. You'll be okay, I promise. Just stay awake."

I shivered, "I'm so cold and so sleepy."

He replied, "That's just your blood loss talking now stay awake, and I'll get some blankets"

"Thank you, where are we?"

C turned around, "Oh we're in one of the little safe rooms."

I sighed as he wrapped more blankets around me and took me into his arms once more.

Then I blacked out.