Chapter Twenty-One

Carter's POV

Even three months later, I can't believe she said yes to my proposal. Today Emmica and I are gonna get married, Adam and Sky are getting married in a month.

I look at my self in the mirror, I'm wearing a black suit. Tie, suit jacket and all. Adam pressured me into wearing a full suit.

I see Adam standing behind me in the mirror, "Nervous?"

"You betcha!" I reply.

"C?"

"Yeah Adam?" I turn around and look into my twins eyes.

"You're the rightful king, you were born first, after you marry Emmica, you'll be the king."

My mouth falls open, "Are you sure you want to do this?" He nods, "Father will be furious, don't you understand? And what about Sky? Didn't she want to be queen?"

Adam chuckles, "I already talked to both of them, Father understands and Sky loves me for who I am, not what I can give her."

I hug Adam, "Thanks, bro."

Adam smiles and looks at his watch, "Um, C, aren't you late for your own wedding and coronation?" I look at the clock on the wall

"Ahh!" I exclaim. "You're right Adam! Bye!"

I run into the chapel and briskly walk down the aisle that Emmica will soon walk down. I smile thinking about her.

My father stands at the head of the church next to the minister, in his full suit, "I'm proud of you Carter."

"Thanks father." I say beaming. "You're okay with giving up the crown?"

He chuckles, "I've got to do it someday, why not now? I should have made you my heir in the first placel, Carter."

I smile, the music starts to play and Emmica's only bridesmaid walks down the aisle, her sister Meg. Then after the bridal song starts and Emmica walks out of the doors and begins his ways up the aisle, I beam brightly.

She beams too, she doesn't even know that she's going to be queen yet.

She finally reaches the head of the room, "Hi!" She says excitedly.

I mischievously smile, "You want to know something?"

"What?" She asks curiously.

I smile, "You're going to be the next queen."

Her mouth drops open, Really?, she mouths.

I nod my head yes. She beams, Its almost like her smile is a blinding light.

I'll always be your prince, always. I think to myself.

This day is finally happening!