Prisoners

Kenpachi watched the scene around him. Ultimately it was rather boring to watch. He had been captured along with the tenth squad captain Toshiro Hitsugaya. He'd never had much of an opinion of the boy; never really felt a desire to face him in battle. Although he wondered if he might soon get to see how powerful the captain's bankai was. Kenpachi had heard about Hyourinmaru and certainly it might prove quite a challenge to face the bankai of the ultimate water and ice Zanpaktou; but he wasn't sure if anything would come of it now, what with their hands bound.

Bounts, creatures that had inspired vampire lore for more centuries than records could tell. Bounts, beings that drained the soul of their victims to feed their own life force; immortals, and yet Kenpachi wasn't sure if that were truly the case, for surely an immortal would never look old. But as he looked at Kariya he began to wonder if the rumors were in fact untrue. Surely this man looked as if he was aging, but there was still a definite fire in his eyes. One that Kenpachi wanted nothing more than to test the strength of. He wanted to fight this man and see how strong he really was.

"Now here's a sight I thought I'd never see, two soul reaper captains bound and helpless at my feet." Kenpachi could feel his boredom increasing as the bount carried on. This was probably not going to end quickly. He glanced over at Toshiro. The young captain was staring defiantly at Kariya, his blue green eyes, cold as the ice they resembled. As Kenpachi took the time to watch Toshiro he realized that not only were his eyes cold, but they contained the same fury as a dragon's.

"I've always wondered what your souls would taste like." Kariya didn't make any physical movement, but it was as if his men understood his intentions. Kenpachi didn't know their names, after all neither of them had the energy to even challenge him. But Kariya would surely be an interesting opponent. If only he could break free of the bonds that held him. Kenpachi didn't know what the bands around his wrists were forged of, but they seemed to possess properties similar to Sekkiseki stone. Kenpachi smiled and looked at Kariya.

"Why don't you take these things off and face me like a man. Then we'll see who's stronger."

Kariya turned, his face showing a smile of amusement. "I like you just the way you are. There is no need for me to fight you to know I am stronger."