Waiting

Rangiku paced at Urahara's shop. She was not used to having to wait. In fact the only time things got boring was when she was forced to do paper work. Other than that she managed to keep herself pretty occupied. But now she found herself caught. She was being forced to wait while the current location of her captain was determined. She was worried. After all it had been several days since he had been seen. At first no one was too concerned, but then his spiritual pressure had disappeared. It angered her that things had to get that out of hand before anyone would become even slightly worried.

She stopped her pacing when the door to the room opened. Momo's head came through and she looked at Rangiku. "Did they find him?"

Momo shook her head. "No but they think he's been taken to the bount's hideout. They suspect that's why they can no longer sense his spiritual pressure." Rangiku could feel the worried expression on her face. They all knew how powerful the bounts were and while she was sure her captain could handle one and maybe even two she doubted he would be able to take on more than that. Was he even still alive?

She viciously suppressed the thought. Of course he was still alive. He was her captain after all. He would find a way to still be alive. "So what's the plan?" she asked Momo.

"We invade the hideout. But it will take a few days to make sure that we have enough supplies ready and to find it."

Rangiku could see that Momo was also worried. A feeling she herself completely understood. "Don't worry," she said. "I'm sure he'll be fine. We both know how strong he is. I doubt they'll be able to get the better of him." Momo offered a smile in response but it was a small one and not very confident. Rangiku couldn't blame her though. Even she didn't fully believe her words.