Near Death

Momo made a quick search of the main floor but didn't find anything unusual until she discovered the entrance to a dungeon. She stepped down the stairs her ears straining to hear the slightest sound. What surprised her was when she did hear something. It sounded like shuffling footsteps. Momo cautiously looked around the corner at the bottom of the stairs. She saw a dark haired woman limping down the hallway beyond. Momo thought she recognized her as one of the bounts but she couldn't be sure. Quietly she slipped around the corner following a safe distance behind the woman. Momo watched as she stopped at one of the doors and peered through a small opening in the door. She looked displeased by what she saw.

"Curse you!! You will die for what you have done to us!" Momo was pressed against the opposite wall trying to stay behind the woman's head so that she wouldn't been seen. As such she had no idea who the woman was talking to until she managed to open the door. All Momo saw was his white hair, but it was all she needed to see to confirm her suspicions.

"Snap Tobiume!" Her sword branched as she took a step to the right. The woman spun to face Momo as Tobiume unleashed a flurry of flaming missiles. She gave a startled yelp as she attempted to dodge the blasts. Momo was quick to step forward driving the other woman further away from Toshiro. Momo began using Kido as well as Tobiume's fire to keep driving the woman back without surrendering her own footing.

"Fine! But I will have my chance at revenge." Then the woman fled. Momo held her ground for a few more moments to ensure she wouldn't return before entering the room. Toshiro lay on his side, his arms lying in front of him bound. Momo gasped when she saw the floor through his arms. She drove Tobiume through the restraints, breaking them apart before releasing her Shikai and sheathing her sword. Slowly she knelt behind Toshiro.

"Shiro-kun! Toshiro!!" Toshiro didn't respond. Momo held her hand in front of Toshiro's mouth and nose. His breath was faint, but she could still feel the warmth against her palm and fingers. She breathed a sigh of relief, but she knew that he wasn't out of danger. She could barely feel his spiritual pressure. Momo gently wrapped her arm under Toshiro's head and lifted him into a sitting position, slowly resting his head against her shoulder. Toshiro groaned and winced from the movement, his breathing becoming ragged for several moments before it calmed. Momo could feel that he was freezing, but she had no blankets to wrap him with. All she had was her own warmth. Momo didn't know how to help him, though she desperately wanted to. She did know that his being cold was a really bad sign. She heard running footsteps in the hall, but she didn't shift her attention from Toshiro. The running stopped outside the door.