Resistance

Toshiro walked with the bount, trying his best not to fight against her. Obviously it was impossible to be lead while your hands were bound without offering any resistance, but he wasn't increasing that amount by fighting back. Although he didn't look it, he had come up with a plan. Perhaps he could stall Kariya or if he was lucky kill him. If not then he would simply lose more energy, hopefully not resulting in the loss of his life.

Together they entered the same room and again he was bound to the table. He found it odd that Kariya did not seem to be present. Was he busy elsewhere? Were they going to allow one of the other bounts to feed on him? If that was the case then he had miscalculated his situation. Toshiro was not given long to wonder before Kariya entered.

"Enjoying your stay?" he asked pleasantly. Toshiro did not respond, which didn't seem to surprise Kariya at all. "So stoic, so cold. You know that's what I like about your spiritual energy. We are so similar, you and I. Cold, ruthless, and powerful. Why don't you join me? We could do much together." Once again Kariya paused as if waiting for Toshiro to respond, and once again Toshiro said nothing. "Hm. I guess I should have expected nothing less from you. So calm, so determined and set in your ways, you'd never join me would you? Not for a long, long time. But I guess that's what I like best about you. That's what gives your energy such flavor. So cold and bittersweet. I've never found another being with spiritual energy that tastes anything like your's. You should be honored at least. Even if you won't join me, your strength will continue to fuel my quest."

Kariya stepped forward in preparation to drain Toshiro of his energy. Toshiro knew he would not likely get another opportunity so he struck. His spirit energy lashed out in a rush of icy air freezing in thin sheets on the surfaces around him. The room temperature dropped drastically and Kariya was thrown back. Toshiro knew he wasn't yet at full strength, but he figured he should have enough to fight off one bount for a little while. His confidence wavered when Kariya stood up laughing.

"Is that your plan then? This is the best you could come up with after two days of confinement? Blast me with your spiritual pressure until you lose consciousness or I give up?" Once again Kariya started laughing. Toshiro felt his confidence slipping. Why was this man laughing? What could possibly be amusing about the situation?

Kariya came at Toshiro again and the captain did his best to solidify his spiritual pressure around himself as a shield. Kariya just kept laughing and Toshiro soon learned why. All his spiritual pressure that he was trying to use as a shield was still being absorbed by the bount. Toshiro lasted for almost an hour, but eventually he couldn't put out enough spiritual pressure to keep Kariya at bay and the bount still got his chance to drain Toshiro of his energy. Once again Toshiro felt the pain followed by numb darkness.