7

GOLD
-
7: COVER UP

Aurora sat outside in the courtyard, under a willow tree that situated right in the middle. She had a free period as she had convinced professor Mcgonagall to let her drop her astronomy class, she loved it but all her studies were getting too caught up, this always happened around the Christmas period. She looked up, its branches tangled within each other, she loved the way all the leaves were calm, no wind to disturb them only the slightest breeze, the sky was dull and grey but that didn't take away the beauty of the tree, a small smile crept onto her features. Her fingers were laced over her black diary, it's pages playing in between her delicate fingers. Memories of her fourth year flooded back to her, like the time Draco sat perched in the branch above her, tormenting Harry about the Tri-Wizard Cup, laughing with his pair of goons, Aurora on the other hand couldn't take his superior behavior bringing her wand to his throat, like Hermione had done the pervious year, threatening him in every way she could possibly think of. In the end she got pushed away by professor moody who turned out to be a death eater in disguise. She smiled to herself that year was sure one hell of a year. Aurora's gaze fell onto the empty, fresh page of her diary, her mind lost on what would fill this page. Draco sat across from her, admiring her curiosity. She looked so calm, happy, he could feel it as if it was radiating off her. He was intrigued by her, the way she could handle herself within situations, they way she never broke apart.

Aurora looked up, her gaze catching Draco's, she could sense his sleepless nights, and the life being drained out of him. She gave him a soft smile, shyly tucking a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear. She looked down a blush growing on her cheeks. Draco looked down at his potions book, a small smile dancing across his lips. Aurora looked up once more, deciding whether she should get up or not, a loud sound of thunder broke through the sky; the noise startling Aurora, she grabbed her things, packing them neatly into her small but handy shoulder bag. Another clap of thunder brought Draco out of his trance, looking up to the sky, his eyes mesmerized with the clouds, a few drops of rain coated his forehead. He stood up abruptly, checking he had all of his books in his hand, head down, he was relaxed although he showed no emotion. The dark Mark that situated on his forearm was normal, no stinging or anger could be felt. Draco was in amongst his daydreams when he crashed into someone, spilling his books all over the courtyard.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." A delicate voice said, he looked down, Aurora once again was crouched before him. Draco took his chance to not say anything only stare at her frantic movements as she picked up his books.

Aurora never noticed the gaze of Draco, she was too busy panicking on what he would do to her for knocking his books although she was silently planning her counter attacks too. She didn't see Draco crouch down in front of her until she felt his hand cover her own. Aurora gasped at the contact, slowly bringing her hand away. Aurora looked up to meet his eyes, they were cold, lifeless, she could almost see the pain hidden within his eyes. She felt sorrow build within her, curiosity telling her possible explanations. They both stood up slowly their gazes never faltering. It wasn't until the cold rain that had started pouring that Draco finally took action. His rough hand grabbed Aurora's, pulling her along with him as he ran for shelter, Aurora let small giggles pass her lips as they finally took cover under the roof of the passage ways. The pair were drenched, their black robes now looking silky from the water. Their bodies only centimeters apart, Draco and Aurora both felt the heat radiating off each other. Draco's fingers had managed to reach for a piece of her darkened hair, gently placing it behind her ear, making her eyes visible for him to read. Draco cleared his throat before taking a small step back, his hand now back at his side. Aurora looked at Draco hitching her bag up higher onto her shoulder. The pair muttered a quick awkward goodbye before parting ways. A small flushed grin made its way onto Aurora's chapped lips. She looked over her shoulder, catching his gaze, she gave him a small wave, bringing a saddened smile upon his features.