10

GOLD
-
10: EVERY NIGHT

Aurora's eyes locked with Hermione's, Harry startling the girl beside him by ripping out of his seat, taking his black potions book with him, Aurora looked down at the table quickly, she excused herself from the table, muttering that she needed the loo. Her shoulder collided with Draco's side, she looked back at him solemnly but kept walking her focus on getting herself out of the hall. Draco looked at her confused furrowing his eyebrows, his grey blue eyes took his gaze over to Harry, his heart plummeting.

"Katie, how are you?" Harry asked, his gaze softly becoming saddened for the girl.

"I know you're going to ask, Harry. But I don't know who cursed me." She said her gaze falling upon Malfoy for a second before flickering back to Harry , "I've been trying to remember. Honestly. But I just can't." Her gaze once again falling on Draco, Harry looked behind him, his eyes locking with Draco's.

Katie was pulled away by her friends, muttering a quick goodbye Harry followed Draco out of the hall. Draco pulled at his Slytherin tie, catching Aurora's worrying gaze.

Aurora leaped out of her seat, seeing Draco pace himself out of the great hall, her footsteps quickened to reach him, she softly pulled on his forearm, making him come to a halt, her eyes carefully read his, looking at him sadly.

Tears filled his once happy eyes. His hand linked with hers, she was tugged towards the bathroom on the fourth floor, past a bird cage that had now resided to being empty, going unnoticed by Aurora but fully noticed by Draco making him whimper softly.

His body crashed against the sink as Aurora stood behind watching in confusion, terror. Her hand softly drew patterns in Draco's back as he sobbed, his body convulsing. He pulled away taking his jersey off, his white blouse roughly sitting around his hips. Aurora moved to his side, her gaze focusing on his hand as she placed hers gently over his, entwining their fingers. Draco looked at her, his eyes red and swollen. She lent up placing a small kiss on his cheek, feeling the tracks left by his tears. No words were spoken only the sound of their breathing and loving touches.

"I know what you did, Malfoy." A voice summoned bringing the two out of their moment, Aurora turned around, wand out with a steady hand, shocked to see Harry before her. Harry looked at Aurora quickly disappointment clear within his eyes. "You hexed it, didn't you?"

Without any words, Draco turned around forcefully shooting a spell towards Harry grabbing Aurora's wrist as they dodged Harry's counter spell, Aurora turned around her wand sending out a small blue light only just missing Harry. Her hand felt cold as it slipped from Draco's. Her heart was pounding as she hid behind the wall near to the entrance her wand tightly in hand. A few more splashes could be heard, Aurora knowing the two boys were still throwing spells at each other. That was until Harry's voice broke through silence.

"Sectumsempra!" He screamed, the spell hitting Draco right in the chest making him stumble backwards, his back hitting the cold floor. Aurora came out from hiding, her gaze falling upon Harry who's shoulders had slumped as his eyes never left Draco's body.

A gasp left her mouth as she saw Draco in his own pool of blood, a wrangled sob made its way up her throat as she pushed Harry out of the way rushing to kneel beside Draco, her hand dropped her wand the sound of wood against marble rattled through the bathroom, "no. No. No" Aurora muttered frantically as her hands shook, placing them over Draco's abdomen and chest, softly applying pressure. Her eyes searched Draco's as his breathing became frantic.