Interview With The Character

This week, I interviewed PrincessPlaid's anonymous character from her story THE CARNIVAL. Here are all the details!

NeverPerfect_: How do you handle all of the bullying/second glances?

PrincessPlaid: After a while you get used to everything, it becomes a second nature to you. Everything that used to send you home early alone and depressed just simply becomes a part of your daily routine, you start losing feeling in your soul and soon enough, you just don't care anymore. Nothing matters to you; you stop minding life, you stop minding getting hurt, everything that makes you happy you keep to yourself instead of sharing it like you used to. There's a numbness inside of you and your heart just fades away like a ghost. And then you feel shallow. Bullying and second glances aren't hard to stand anymore, they're expected. You start second guessing your every move and action, there's no way to handle it, all you can do is forget about it.

NP: Why do you bother?

PP: Why do I bother what? Living? Well it can't be much worse than death. I'm surrounded by a big whole/blockage inside of me with nothingness besides that special someone that noticed me after fifteen long years of lust, and death is just being surrounded by dirt.

NP: You keep referring to this person known as "YOU." Any hints as to who this is?

PP: "You." Is her. The girl I'm in love with. Although, I don't know who she is yet, she's just an image in my head. You know those characters in stories who you sometimes fall in love with and create a supernatural world with that character who never exists? That's who "You" are. "You" is my love, although I haven't met "You" yet. I know, it doesn't make any sense but it makes sense to me, that's all that really matters.

NP: What are your favorite things about carnivals?

PP: I love the feel of being surrounded by happy, cheerful people. It makes me feel like I'm one of them, although I'm not.

NP: What is your opinion on love?

PP: Love is usually made by hating someone you just can't get enough of. You can't stand someone although when you're around them, you just want to be closer to them. And soon enough that hate and bad feeling about them just blows away in the wind, and then you start a life with that special someone.

That's it. Go check out her story!

Article By: NeverPerfect_