Chapter Two

I wake to water. Of course, when I jolt out of bed its more from the cold wetness than me being awake. One of my eyes open lazily to see Hayley leaning over me, spray bottle in hand.

"May I ask why you've sprayed liquids on me?"

She huffs satisfied, placing the spray bottle onto my nightstand.

"Where do I begin? We have fifteen minutes before class begins. Sergio's called both our cellphones to check if we're coming to class. So, if you don't get up now I'll take him up on his offer of coming to get you himself."

My head smacks against the pillow only to be splashed once more.

"Get up. You will not make me late."

The almighty glare of fabulous annoyance appears on my slack features. Hayley only huffs, obliviously in no mood for my attitude.

"If you keep kidding around I'll let Sergio come wake you up himself." She winks and saunters herself out of my bedroom, bottle in hand. Her words alone have the blankets ripped from me, and the shower on in less than thirty seconds.

"What do you make of him, Sergio I mean?" I ask sometime later.

Her eyebrows raise, perked in interest at my question.

"I like him. You know I never see him being particularly evil to anyone, and he appears friendly. He's a cool guy overall, Ty. I like him for you," She giggles after the last sentence. My mouth drops for half a second.

"How see through am I?"

"To me," She responds. "Nearly invisible."

Another normal day passes around the twelve hours on the clock. The one thing that doesn't pass with time is the constant thought of Sergio somewhere in my mind. I find myself day dreaming throughout my taken lunch of our possible future. Of course I know it's only been a day. A guy can dream though, right?

Night comes quickly, and I drag myself down the hall to the kitchen to meet the tantalizing smells. On the table sits the best sight I've ever seen; General Tso's chicken, and ordered pizza. To put the icing on the cake, there is a tray of baked biscuits sitting in the center of it all.

Throughout dinner, Hayley watches me with vague interest. I'm a fool if I believe she hasn't caught on to my changed behavior, or the fact that I'm sneaking glances at my phone every five minutes.

"He hasn't texted or called?" She prompts quietly.

"No," I admit. I lay my phone screen up on the wooden dinner table.

"That's surprising. He asked me about you today in Econ."

Of course I give her a mixed look between frustration and annoyance.

"You know by now that you need to tell me more than that."

Suddenly, her expression changes into one of light guilt.

"Well, I might've invited him over to the apartment Saturday...around three p.m."

I stare at her with wide eyes and an open mouth. Today is Friday night.

"Why did you do that? I don't know if he actually has an interest in me."

Hayley holds both of her hands up in sudden frustration.

"You have to be the most oblivious man in the world. Why else would a seemingly straight guy come to the best friend of a gay one asking about your interests and favorite things? Is that enough motive for you to at least try?"