Chapter Seven

Half a year. Six months, one hundred and eighty days, and countless minutes spent connected to a kindhearted soul I love. Half a year, and I'm already dreaming of the moment five years from now. That's why today I've decided to surprise Sergio in a way not even he could expect. This afternoon I have an entire date planned out. I'm already dressed in a nice pair of dark denim jeans, normal black t shirt, and decent black tennis shoes. In the nice paper bag sitting in the passenger seat of my car is a navy button up and pair of denim jeans I bought yesterday for Sergio.

I'm driving to Sergio's apartment now where he waits unsuspecting. I bet he's watching the Game of Thrones season set I bought him at Christmas. It's what he commonly does on Saturday nights when I'm not around. Considering the tiny detail of the key I've recently been gifted with, it's the perfect setting to initiate my surprise.

I pull into my usual space in front of Sergio's apartment. From out here I can see the glow of his television residing in the living room. I rush to his front door as silently as I possibly can. More than likely it's of no use considering the way he gets sucked into the television himself. Taking that into consideration, I sneak behind him easily. I drop the bag into his lap, and while he's still in shock I wrap my arms around his neck.

The shrill shriek that ensues from Sergio's lips is one worthy of shattering eardrums. Still, I hold him close and laugh loudly into his own ears.

"I knew you were going to make me regret giving you a key!"

I peck his cheek carelessly. "Oh you don't mean that. How could you ever regret giving a key to your date?"

I watch leisurely at the gears work in Sergio's head, taking my seat next to him on the couch. About three to four minutes of puzzled silence later Sergio reaches his eureka moment.

"Tyler you aren't!"

I throw my arm over his shoulders.

"Oh but Sergio I am. Would you grant me the great pleasure of being my date tonight?"

Suddenly I find myself beneath the perfect from of my man. He's grinning like a fool, leaning down to press a series of hard kisses against my lips. When he finally leans back to breathe I sigh in content.

"I'll take that as a yes?"

Sergio shoves at my arm playfully from his place on my waist. His deep brown eyes glisten when he looks down at me.

"Of course it's a yes."

I clap my hands once together above my chest.

"Alright then you need to go get ready sir. As you can already see I'm ready to go."

For the first time, I assume, since I got here he takes the time to give me a once over. I nearly burst out into obnoxious laughter when he whistles and pats my chest.

"That you are. Alright I'll try to hurry."

I scoff, helping him off my waist. He darts down the hallway towards his bathroom grinning. My heart skips at the expression of joy on his features.

"Like you'll be out of there anytime soon. You spend more time doing your hair than I do," I call out after him. My only answer is the slam of his bathroom door. I chuckle, abandoning myself on the couch to wait.

The sight of my borrowed shirt folded on a shelf across the room brings a smile to my lips. It's not the only thing that's been left here, on purpose or not. I know within his closet resides a jacket of mine and another shirt or two he's swiped from my own drawers back home. It's a habit of his to kindly steal half of my things. In his defense, I do swipe a bit of his things myself. However now that I'm looking around his little apartment, it appears as though I live here.