Niceo Dream

Chapter Three

I surveyed the cabin, gazing at what was now to be my new home. At least, for now.

I walked over to the bed in the farthest corner, liking how it was slightly hidden. I slumped onto the bed, my duffel landing with a thud onto the floor. I thought dimly back to the boy, Nico. It was as if he was surrounded by darkness, shadows following him, giving him a dangerous appearance.

"I certainly don't need any dangerous," I muttered to myself.

Leaning back on the bed, I closed my eyes, only meaning to rest for a short while, instead I found myself falling into a deep sleep....

I was dreaming. After years of boredom, I learned to control my dreams, making whatever fantasy I wanted. I was dreaming of hunting with the Amazons. They congratulated me in my kills, making me feel cherished, loved.

Then, the landscape changed.

I looked around confused. Where had the Amazons gone? I felt uneasy as I stood alone, appearing to be what looked liked mist. I couldn't see anything through the fog. I tried calling out for anyone, but no one answered. I was about to give up hope, when I saw a figure in the distance.

Forgetting about my insecurities, I waved excitedly to the figure. As it came closer, it took on the figure of a man. I stopped waving, now becoming cautious.

The man finally came into full view, and I was surprised to see it was Nico. I found myself frozen, not being able to move away from him. He came closer, having an intent look on his face. He finally stopped right in front of me, gazing at me with what could only me described as tenderness.

Placing a hand on my cheek, his thumb made a large sweeping motion, making me shiver for no reason. He started to lean down, and I couldn't help but be entranced by him, as he tilted my head up, pulling me more firmly against him.

His lips started to come closer, finally a hairs breath from mine. I started to close my eyes, waiting with anticipation, when....

"Hello?Heeelllooo?"

I jerked up in surprise, looking around wildly, my breath coming in short pants. My gaze finally settled on the figure standing beside the entry way.

Nico.