Pretty when you Blush

*Since it's summer, and I haven't gotten my book for my English summer assignment yet, so I decided, what the hell, I should write. So here I am, and here ya go!*

Chapter Four

Blood rushed to my face as he stared at me. Jumping up, I moved my mouth, trying to tell him to leave but no sound came out. A concerned look appeared on his face. Moving from the door frame he came closer, stepping into the cabin.

"Are you okay?"

Finally, my voice made an appearance. I shrieked at him, screaming at him to leave. He stumbled backwards, holding his arm out in a defensive gesture. Every step he took backwards, I made one forwards. Once we were both out the door, I slammed the door behind me, cutting off his view inside the cabin.

"What the hell?"

His face had a look of total confusion, his eyes staring at me intently. I stared at him steadfast, refusing to back down. At least, until I remembered the dream.

My face flamed, and I dropped my gaze to the floor. Hearing a chuckle made want to snap at him, but I knew if I spoke nothing would come out.

I finally looked up when his feet came into my view. Jerking my head up, the air in my lungs seemed to have left my body. Too close, he was way too close.

I tried backing away, but my back hit the door, I started to place my hand on the knob, then stopped. I knew if I entered the cabin, he would just follow.

He tried to catch my gaze, moving his head whenever I looked in a different direction. Sighing, he gave up after a couple minutes and settled for just talking to the door.

"Can you explain to me why you were freaking out?"

After a pause, I responded slowly, "There is no men allowed in the cabin of Artemis. It is a sign of disrespect and an insult to the Goddess. "

"I meant no disrespect, and will be sure to make an offering at dinner, which reminds me, it's time to eat."

I nodded, realizing that's probably reason why he came out to talk to me. It was then I looked towards his face, not to his eyes, but his nose.

"You can leave now, I will be there soon, thank you for telling me."

He moved away, giving me space to breathe. As I turned to open the door, I felt his breath blowing across my ear.

"By the way, you look pretty cute when you blush."

*Sorry, I know it's short, but I'm just getting into the swing of things. Hope it's ok ^_^*