Billy

Chapter Five

Sending a quick prayer, I tossed the juiciest bunch of grapes into the hearth. Whispers surrounded my ears as I stared into the fire. I knew they were trying to figure my reason for being here, if I was a Huntress or not.

Wheeling around, I met their stares head on. Most of the cabins quieted down, looking back to their plates guiltily. A few of them challenged my looks, not embarrassed of being caught gossiping. I made my disapproval to be well known, twisting my mouth downwards into a scowl, before walking back to my table.

Nico seemed to be having blast, even though he was also alone at his table, him and Percy laughing as they yelled at each other, occasionally throwing pieces of food. One the rules at Camp Half-Blood was that all campers had to sit with their cabin, making me alone at a long table, quietly eating my food.

Being alone didn't bother me that much, it was the silence I couldn't stand. Wireless earbuds were subtlety placed underneath my hair, my iPod in the front pocket of my jeans. Billy Joel slowly occupied my head, zoning me out from my surroundings.

Noticing my plate was empty, I got up from the table and carried my plate to a close bin. Someone cleared their throat behind me, making me turn around to face them.

A male stood in front of me confidently, his hands stuck into his front pockets. An arrogant air come off of him as he smiled at me. I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly, not really paying attention to him as I listened to my music.

"...so how about it?"

I refocused my gaze on him, trying to ignore the music.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that for me?" I asked him as politely as I could for a male.

His mouth thinned out a little before he smiled at me again, if only a tiny bit strained.

"I was asking how would feel you and me going down by the lake, maybe going for a little row on the water?"

A smirk gave way onto my face, before I put on a disinterested expression.

"Sorry...?"

This time he frowned, "Brent, from Cabin 10"

"Aphrodite" I thought dimly before speaking again, "Right. Well my short answer to your question is, no."

"What's your long answer?"

"Fuck no"

A miffed expression crossed his face. He folded his arms in a defensive manner, "And why not?"

"I can't be around people who don't know how to speak properly. It's you and I, not you and me."

"I think I can watch my grammar for you, so how about it?"

I chewed on my lip, realizing even if I turned him down, there would likely be more after him. I glanced around, finally noticing we had an audience. The pavilion had fell silent, waiting for my answer. I racked my brain for a sure fire way to prevent this from happening. I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind, just as Nico raised from his seat.

"I have a boyfriend."

"Who?"

I looked back to Brent, his irritation clearly seen. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Nico had sat back down again.

"Ummm" My music was still playing. "Billy, his name is Billy."

Brent's shoulders slumped downwards, "Whatever." He walked away stiffly, back to his table. Condolences erupted, the rest of his cabin comforting him.

Walking away, I couldn't help but look over my shoulder.

Nico was gone.

*I GOT 1K READS ON FIRST GLANCE FIANCÉ!! WHOO!! BUT I DECIDED TO WRITE ON THIS STORY INSTEAD. NEXT CHAPTER MIGHT BE IN NICO'S POV, SO... Yeah.*