Even When She's Mad

*I'm a hypocrite. I always complain on how authors should update more often, and here I am dilly dallying away. Goodness! Well here I am, and even though it will probably be short, I give you the next chapter!*

Chapter Six

Nico's POV

The woods were something like a sanctuary for me. The farther I walked, the darker it became. When I finally came to a stop, it was nearly pitch black, the dense tree tops blocking the sun. Silence stretched across every corner, along with a sort of tranquility in the air.

I sank deep into the grass, inhaling deeply through my nose, taking in as much air as I could in a single breath. My fingers curled into the dirt, searching for a spirit. My lips cracked into a faint smile as a small squeak whispered through my ears. I called upon it, tugging gently on the soul.

I heard a clearer squeak this time, just as something skittered across my pant leg and onto my thigh. Looking down, I saw skeletal structure of a mouse sitting on its haunches, it's eye sockets staring up at me.

It chittered at me, then jumped into the open palm that I put in front of him. I lifted my palm up towards my shoulder, where it jumped to rest at. It curled around itself, the tiny bones of his tail wrapping around the skeleton, as if to take a little nap.

I leaned my back against a tree, putting all my weight behind it so I could be more comfortable. Closing my eyes, the first thing that drifted into my mind was the girl. I tried to push away her image, mentally shoving to a corner in my mind, but it didn't work.

I started to recall the way her hair gleamed, a pure shade of silver, falling down to her waist. Her green eyes staring defiantly at me, daring me to try something. And her lips, plump and soft-looking.....

I blinked, opening my eyes, startling myself. Thinking about her that way would only cause me trouble. She had made clear to the whole camp she was taken, and was looking for no fling. Not that I would be interested in something like that.

But the way she blushed was something I could not get out of my head.

I frowned, why wouldn't she say something about her boyfriend at that time? I started to ponder on that when I heard a crack from the left side of the woods.

Whipping my head around, I tried to make out what made the noise. There was clearing on the far left, where a girl stood, staring dimly around the trees. She placed a palm on a tree, closing her eyes in concentration. After a long moment, she opened her eyes again a smile gracing her lips.

I became mesmerized by her smile, the air whooshing out of my lungs.

She stilled, her smile quickly disappearing, she turned her head my way, trying to squint into the darkness.

"Who's there?"

I slowly rose to my feet, taking cautious steps towards her. I entered the clearing slowly. Her eyes went from wary to angry in an instant.

"Are you spying on me!?"

Is it sad to say she looks gorgeous even when she's angry?