2.6

PART TWO CHAPTER SIX

HER HEAD FELT LIKE THE HULK HAD TOOK RESIDENCE INSIDE HER BRAIN. The migraine that consumed her body was so strong that not even morphine could numb the ache. Her body felt taught, that even the slightest movement would tear a muscle. Her eyes pried themselves open, a struggle in itself which used much more energy than she had, her eyes so full of gunky sleep that she had to blink many times before she had to blink even more to adjust to the brightness of the room. Her back and neck were stiff like a board of wood, who knew how long she had been sat in that position for. "Where am I?" Were the first words Violet croaked when she finally came to her senses, the first words she spoke after she rolled her tongue around in her mouth to gain the moisture required to speak. Her tongue felt like sandpaper, as though they had poured half of a desert down her throat. She looked at her surroundings; a sterile white room that gave no hint as to where she was. Then she remembered. Hydra had reclaimed her.

"You're home." Strucker said to her. She tried to move her head, and though restricted by restraints that kept her in place, the slightest movement was the largest mistake. Her head burst into agony and she scrunched her eyes in pain as Strucker stepped through a metal door in the corner of the cold plastic room. She wondered how Strucker acquired this material, but she said nothing of it, as it was a silly question - she knew that the material blocked her powers.

"We had an agreement. You let me go as long as I trained Wanda and Pietro- I didn't break it. Why am I here?" She said.

"We saw that you had been going into Stark Tower quite often- at first, we thought it was so you could assassinate Iron Man, but you were going there frequently. Don't play stupid with us, Violet dear. We know that you know your true identity. I admit it, yes: you are Victoria Stark. But we don't want to let you go, so we brought you back." Violet gulped. He confessed. He admitted. She was the missing Stark. Her breath hitched in her throat. What now? What would this information mean? Her heart dropped as she realised she now no longer had a motive to be outside of Hydra. She looked down at her knees before she looked back up again, a snarl on her lips.

"What, are you scared I'm going to kill you all? That Shield will brainwash me like you've been doing my whole life?"

"Precisely that, my darling. We can't have our most powerful asset falling into the wrong hands." Strucker said. She held her breath as he stepped over to her and bent forwards. His hand reached out and ever so gently stroked her face. She growled."You don't need to worry about Shield - you need to worry about me." The brunette threatened.

"Oh, Violet. My precious Ultraviolet. We do worry about you." Strucker said. She was powerless as the man pulled something out of his pocket, and she only realised what it was as soon as the needle penetrated the tough skin of her neck. She fell unconscious again. Two of Strucker's henchmen then entered the room through a concealed door and picked up the woman, who looked much lighter than she was. The effort required both men. Strucker climbed back onto his feet, and the three walked the assassin to a room she knew all too well.