4.5

PART FOUR CHAPTER FIVE

VICTORIA LANDED ON THE ROOFTOP JUST AFTER STEVE DID. They stood and watched as a helicopter flew overhead, shooting at the two fighting. Bullets deflected off of the other man's suit and Victoria realised it must be made with vibranium. With Steve's word, Sam came flying in, taking out the helicopter which allowed the pair to break up the other two. Bucky flipped the strange person off of him and ran across the roof, jumping off of it and out of sight. The person followed.

Victoria and Steve followed, Vic leaving her bungee cord behind as they chased after the two. Fifteen years of wearing stiletto boots allowed Victoria to run at her extraordinary inhuman speed; but she was, after all, inhuman- which is why she found herself in step with Steve as they pushed harder to catch up with Bucky and the mysterious person chasing after him. She saw as Bucky avoided more bullets shot at him before jumping and disappearing over the edge of a hole.

The three others also jumped down the hole and into a highway, running past all the cars; Victoria felt invincible. She also realised now why people fear her. Cars swerved to make way for the people running past them and the police cars following them. Victoria and Steve turned their heads as one came up close, the driver shouting "Stand down!" a couple of times through an announcement speaker. Steve looked at Vic before running across the car's path and jumping on the windscreen, his shield denting and cracking the glass. Victoria stopped instantly as the car screeched to a halt, Steve pulling out the driver and kicking the window away.

"Get in!" He shouted. He got behind the wheel, Victoria getting in the passenger seat. Once again, they were off chasing Bucky, this time using the advantage of red and blue flashing lights.

After hearing a few thumps, Victoria looked in the wingmirror to see the man in the black suit gripping onto the back of the car. Steve swerved a few times to try and shake the guy off, to no avail.

"Sam, I can't shake this guy." Steve said into his comm. Victoria was getting restless in her seat, wanting to be running instead of watching from a car. Without telling Steve, she climbed out of her seat and onto the bonnet; a mistake, as Steve swerved into a police car to the side of him. Victoria fell a little, grabbing the window frame. He glared at her, but any words he was about to say were gone as he bumped into another car on his right. Victoria winked as she regained her stance and jumped onto the police car on her right.

Victoria ran and jumped onto other cars in pursuit of her old friend, running over the hoard of police cars that caused him to veer to the left. That left Bucky and Victoria on a semi-open road (open from authorities, that is). Luckily, he stopped to knock a cyclist off of a motorbike, jumping onto it in midair. Victoria, from the rooftop of another car, leapt across to the bike and with nimble, catlike ability: ended up on Bucky's knee, facing behind him. He had a look of confusion, to which she smirked. They soared off together, Victoria unstrapping a pistol from her thigh holster and shooting at the wheels of the other police cars that Steve wasn't in.

"Just like old times, huh?" She laughed, but elicited no response from the man. "Bucky, you're making this worse by running. He swerved to the left, her shot missing a tire and accidentally shooting the driver instead. "Heck, I'm going to get killed for this-" Victoria stopped speaking as the man on the back of the car climbed over it and jumped towards the bike; she attempted to shoot at him but the bullets just bounced right off. She gasped as she reached her other hand out, catching his neck and holding him against the wall in an attempt to lose him.

Instead he began to run across the wall before jumping over the bike; the two riders letting out a yelp as he dragged them to the floor. Bucky's metal hand reached out and stopped them from truly scraping the ground, and Victoria yanked the man up and kicked him in his stomach, sending him flying away. Then they were back upright and on the move again. James flicked a grenade above their head, it sticking to the ceiling of the tunnel before blowing up as they only just made it through the collapsing concrete. The last thing Victoria saw before crashing to the ground was silver claws flying towards her.